Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Upload of new modelmip.tag (Seattle day)

Guest R_Driscoll

I have uploaded the new models database for Seattle and it should appear in the AVSIM library soon.A word to the wise - let Glidernut download it first - if it works on his computer then there should be no problems. Thanks Glidernut! Also, read the install instructions. It is important to make a backup before installing, as I cannot test the database with every existing package. It should work, and I've fly-tested it over several intensive scenery areas without any problems. But the file is too large for me to send by email for testing.If this works satisfactorily, I will continue to build databases for San Fransisco (day and night) and Seattle (night). I understand that Agtim is doing a similar project for UK-South.The main advantage (apart from tidying up the GEN directories) is that this will ensure everyone using FU3 has the same model sets, so that scenery packages will be easier to install and hopefully have less missing models.Many thanks to various people of encouragement on proceeding with this project, especially Agtim and Glidernut.RobD.

Robert,Does this modelmip.tag include all of the models in Jon Point's MODEL CITY package....and your log model....and the contents of Bogdan Adamski's seamodels.zip file ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Dr Robert Driscoll,With about 200 packages in settle, its a bit dificalt to chek them all, but your tag seems to work just fine.No broblems at all.Iv not looked in Fled yet, Im sory, Im pooshed for time.Iv got other peopl wateing for stuf.Im too pooshed for time too thank you properly with snaps.Theres harf a dusan threds I wanted to anser, but time stuk.Thank you, Seattle GEN is much beter nouw.Your uplode diservs fare more atention tan I hav time for just nouw.SORY.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Good comments Chris! Unfortunately I have forgotten to include my log model. That's still fairly new, and I have never used it myself so it never made it into my Seattle GEN directory. WHen you distribute your log-enhanced packages, could you include a copy of the log and ask customers to install it in the GEN directory - it will happily sit there outside the database, keeping Jon's trees company, and will still be just as useable. But my apologies for missing this object.These models will not be lonely for long, however, as I am sure more people will develop more models - we still haven't done much in the way of custom models for Seattle - so new models will be developed and added to the directory. Since the file is so large, I do not want to rebuild the database every time a new model pops up.As to Adamski's seamodels.zip, my understanding is that these were models extracted FROM Seattle for use in San Fran, so should not be included in the Seattle database. If I go on to do the San Fran database, then I will try to work out how to include these as well - it is a bit more difficult since the models are not actually converted to San Fran colours, but use Bogdan's special directory renaming trick to become visible in San Fran.Finally, Jon's models: I have not received any death threats or parcel bombs from Jon, so I think I must have included all of his models. So yes, Jon's models are there!GLidernut, that's fine, I certainly don't want to slow up the development of the new xxxxxx (is it a secret?). Its just that you usually spot problems very quickly. Since 40 people have already downloaded it, I think we will hear shouts if there are any problems!RobD.