Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

FYI to Thrustmaster Owners and FS2002/XP users..

Guest Joshieca

If you own any of the Thrustmaster joysticks and/or gamepads with force feedback, and are running WIN XP, and FS2002, you might experience crashes. I do with mine. The flight sim will just shutdown after about 15 mins or so of use. No warning, no error messages, just crash and shutdown.This is what the Thrustmaster company says....Dear Customer,We are aware of this situation, and are currently seeking a work-around for this. As far as we know, this is not actually driver related but rather a bug in Microsoft Flight sims games.As soon as we get a fix for this, it will be available on the website.Best Regards,The Guillemot Technical Support TeamI wont get into a debate whose fault it is....but...a temporary fix is to disable the "force feedback" settings from within FS2002. This has worked for me. Hopefully Thrustmaster will fix it soon.- Joshhttp://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif

Yah, it's not driver related, but my Sidewinder FF2 works fine with XP and FS2K.Don't you just hate finger pointed by these guys?

Guest Joshieca

Yep I sure do...personally I think that its Thrustmasters fault. Their drivers that handle the force feedback are NOT windows XP certified.