Sign in to follow this  
Guest Staggerwing

Flight Sim TV reminder

Guest Staggerwing

Just a reminder for those that can get Discovery Wings channelTonight 8Pm est is the premiere of their Flight sim programs :-)They do everything else so well, I expect a good series with this one too. We'll see...

Guest Staggerwing

Well, not a bad program.. IMO First show was basic and covered most ALL flight sims from home PC up to military and airline setups.Let's hope they really get into it all in upcoming shows..COULD be good.Anyone watch it ?

Guest twsimfan

Stag,Yes sir... I did. I have it recorded on the hard drive on my main satellite receiver. Here is a snip from a mail I just sent to Bob about it:"The Army helo part was boring... nice that they have that capability but the sims just don't look all that entertaining... some of the AF sims looked pretty neat. There are 2 show segments just passed half way that are very good regarding FS04. They show the development of the model for the Cub and have footage of both the real thing and the FS04 version. They also go into weather and some other goodies. For me personally I also enjoyed the airline full motion sims that come after that in the show. I'd love to be able to have some of those built for me... not just airliners but some good GA aircraft as well. It would probably only cost 2 or 3 hundred million to cover what I want. :-lol Maybe a discount... they should all be able to share the same scenery database. Hell... I could never manage the cost of a building to house them in. :-roll"So Stag... is this going to be a continuing series?

Maybe they'll include footage of the upcoming FU4..........:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest cornclose

Anyone know if this is being screened on Discovry Wings on Sky in the UK ? I don't know if they run the same schedules as the US, and I haven't been checking of late (been a bit busy).CheersChris E, ENGLANDhttp://www.circle-software.co.ukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Guest Staggerwing

So Stag... is this going to be a continuing series?Hi Tom,Well, I sure THOUGHT it was going to be, but now I can't find a listing for it at 8Pm next Wed....... OR any time.The way they promote TV shows these days is really poor.. I've been tricked before too.They'll say something like "watch for the PREMIER of..." (this or that) and many times I take it to be a series starting and then it's not !I thought it was too good to be true to have a weekly sim show :-(Keep your eyes open for any news and I'll do the same.Just to note, there is also a 'Learing to fly' series on "wings" channel showing the lessons for a woman from start to finish that does show flight sim (FS2002)snips now and then.