Sign in to follow this  

Abandoned sound files??

I was messing around with ResViewer the other day and lisiting to a few of the sound files. When i was going through the list I started hearing sound files that i have never heard in the game such as "Your cleared for a right 360 for spacing if you need it" and the ATIS lady's voice also has many different weather advisories such as haze, mist, smoke, dust, etc...........they also explain more clearly what to do and seem to respond to your actions more clearly. do any of you know why these were never included in the final version of the game or has anybody heard any of these different phrases in the game? I think these voices would add to the depth of the game trumendously..-Tom

The reason they are not there are probably: Time and money. Most software developers don't have enough of either, especially developers of complex programs like flight sims. The sounds were probably recorded and meant to be used at some point but then they didn't have the time or money to implement those features.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Yes, but is this something that we could implement ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Probably not without the elusive source code of the sim.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Thats pretty agravating to think of what could have been put into FU4.....i wish we had the source code. I remember a while back we tried to find the source code. Did anybody come up with anything? I left right when Peter James joined the avsim community. Did he ever respond to us?

No, he didn't...which is something that has annoyed a great many of us over the past two years. It would be nice if ANYONE from the Looking Glass Studios FU3 development team would pay us a visit on this forum, but it doesn't seem as if any of them really give a damn about FU3 anymore.....and that is a very great shame.Further to the above comment......if neither EA or former LGS members are interested in FU3 in 2003, then maybe someone could have the decency to donate the source code to a group of people that ARE.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png