Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

UK South Photos

Guest qvdg

Hi, For those with UK South here are some real photos of last weekends outing so that you may compare with our wonderful UK south package.Bournemouth, cowes, Sandown Base 23Cheers, QvdG

Nice shots! Your resolution is definitely higher than "our" UK South. Does anyone know which altitude the photo texture images where shot from? Well, I guess we'll just have to fill it in with FLED models :-)Hans Petter

hi QvdG thank's for the pictures - reality is still better than fu3 :-) but the Sandown pictures is near to our screenshots. :-wave agtim

Guest Quaxo

Great shots Quentin, thanks! :-) But come on... Don't tell me you only got *3* good photos? I want more!!! (If you find inappropriate to flood the forum with photos, well, email them to me! ;-) But keep each message below 1 Mb in size...)CheersCristian

Guest Quaxo

Someone should take three screenshots (zoomed-in with shift-Z) in the same exact location of as the photos, and post them side-by-side. Anyone has the time to do this? I won't have the time until next week-end... :-(Cristian

Guest R_Driscoll

I agree - nice shots Q! But there are some clear mistakes:1) there are abviously cars on the road. I don't want to be picky but apart from the occasional toycrd and ferr01, when have you ever seen cars on roads?2) shine on the water - clearly your camera is not using my old TNT2 nvidia - I have never seen shine on water, even around Golden Gate. Possibly an artifact.3) excessive details on umimportant models like farm buildings. Your framerates must have been verrrry slow - now wonder you only got three pictures. Next time you fly there, use CTRL-M to change the model detail.But the last shot, seeing that was a real feeling of Deja Vu - it looks just like the Bembridge (or is it the IOW? - I always mix those two up) airport area, where you take off flying towards a ridge - here the real model approximates very closely to agtim's work. Except it was Sandown.Well done Q!

Guest qvdg

Hi all, There are more photos but the forum let me upload only three last night. Hans we flew at 1300ft from Bournemouth to Sandown (actually under the radio tower height I think). It would be nice to have a direct comparison with FU3 but I don't think I will have time.More photos to come tonight short final Sandown 23 Sandown Tower (for agtim) We noted also that the end of runway markers are black and white not the traditional red and white Portsmouth for Crisian Biggin hil and tower (for Rob ?) Cheers

Guest Motormouse

Hi,Nice shots, but I'd better point out that your secondpicture is in fact Yarmouth, and not Cowes!Next inlet along the north coast of IOW is Newtown Creek.Cowes is away in the distance.:-wavePete