Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

All together now --ohhhhhh FFFFLLLLLEEEDDD!

Guest Robs

Hmm still trying to get Fled to work again.I have had a pretty torrid time...fled screwed my system up so a windows reinstall and dirextx update and a sticky reinstall of outlook express (I now have email again)...I am back to Fled.I reinstalled FU3 but to no avail. I have 3 instances of FU3 on my machine and they all react similarly....My problem is currently I launch fled, get the start up screen, it asks which region and then the soar window appears...no top down view window. The keyboard shortcuts all work ...ect alt O brings up object properties...It's almost as thought the top down view is minimized or hidden off screen.....I have tried launching in maximised windows but still no top down view...I have replaced blackout.bin and even deleted it.....Is there a config file here somewhere (I already have I work here in)I have tried Fled with my standard install, my modded install and my UKS install....all the same results so not just corrupt scenery data...Help help help! How do I get the top down view?Also if I want to delete an airport which m0{location}.mod is it???Robs

Robs,;-)You seem me to be in the position of a FLED without any package. The EC what I includes/understands, all the orders of the program function. In do your existing files have Gatwick? Heathrow? Lundy-island and others? If it is the case is necessary to make "New", and to start a creation or to position you on existing. By defect, the program positions (you owe the knowledge) the observer with the top of my sea or the ocean. For the U.K. at home, and without to have indicated package, the starting co-ordinates are: lat 49

Rob,I assume that you have re-installed Windows without formatting the hard disk ? What about FU3 ? Did you uninstall this, and then reinstall it ? What I am trying to suggest here is that your system still seems to be attempting to load the corrupted version of FLED.exe. My suggestion is a COMPLETE HARD DISK FORMAT. I noticed with FS2002 that, when I uninstalled the software, and then re-installed it, Windows seemed to "remember" certain configurations of the simulator, even though I had also deleted the main FS2002 folder. In other words, I am suggesting that something similar is happening here.A complete hard disk format would eliminate EVERYTHING, and provide you with a clean slate.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Having said that, is it possible to just copy the version of FLED.exe from the CD to your hard disk ? In other words, replace the existing, corrupted version with a backup ? Hmmm.....now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that this file is updated when you install the patch, so maybe this wouldn't be possible......Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You say that you have three instances of FU3. So do I. I've got one for Seattle and Sanfran, one for Switzerland and one for UK South. Each of these has its own instance of FLED. Are you saying that you get the same error no matter which FLED you launch?Hans Petter

Guest Robs

Luc,I have done this one previously!But no, I have a package (filton) which I was working on and Gatwick and Heathrow etc...If you don't have a package then the top down view goes black...my problem is that the top down view window no longer appears! It is complete gone...you just have the soar window ...which is looking at sea because you don't have a package loaded.The alt key shortcut seem to work like alt f4 closes but alt o doesn't launch the object window although it says object not found.Using alt F I can create a new package or open an old one but the top down view window doesn't appear.FU3 works and I can see my package on the UKS scenery but I can't edit it....and I have just got some good new models to place.Similarly in my other installs of FU3 fled doesn't wotk...I don't think the executable fled.exe is corrupt and the rest of windows is squeaky clean and fully tuned with all the drivers in tip top condition etc else one of my fleds would work....I am guessing this is a config problem (IWork Here is in) but I am still nvestigation the executable.I have had the format hard drive suggestion but I rather not use the nuclear button unless it is a last resort...I am still in agressive negotiations with my computer!!Rob

Guest Robs

Chris,I'll investigate this ....I don't think the patch touches fled...It has taken over 24 hours to defrag my hard drives on an off...so formatting hard drives doesn't sound attractive....but then it never does....Rob

Guest Robs

Hans,yes exactly!I have one "out the box" install - FU3 (seattle+sanfran+outer terrain)I have have one "Chris Low" install - FU3 (mod) with modd'ed SE+SF+OT scenery minus some of the airports :-( to fit it inI have one UKS install - FU3 UK with Christians Mega package and the standard packages and Filton which I am designing but have shown anyone yet (Rob D has seen a model! Yeap it's secret!)Anyway Fled reacts in all three installs - It launchs with start up screen which then goes to top down view window but my top down view doesn't appear.....(I have even fiddled with the shortcut to check it is launching maximised!)I had complete scrubbed the out of box install using an unistall utility that removes every file with the uninstall and then scrubbed and manually checked the registry before reinstalling and fled reacts exactly the same way.....This has me stumpped...maybe a system conflict or something...Any ideas appreciated. The blackbox.bin is strange....I wish I knew what this does....Rob

Robs,I am as amazed as you.:-hmmm If I included/understood well, your three FLED have same the probl

Guest Robs

Luc,I have virus scanned (virus scanner up to date - first thing i d when weird stuff happens) and I am running a fresh install of dirextx 9 which worked previously and grpahic drivers work with all installs of FU3 running GEforce256 ...the game runs fine...I have fled working on a laptop running win2000 and I am trying to analyse the difference.I think unlikely that FU3 runs grphics that fled can't....Let me know any more thoughts!!Rob.

Guest R_Driscoll

There is one other thing you could try before your hard disk reformat (positively no guarantees) - which is to try and find the simplest configuration that does work, then add bits one at a time until the problem reappears - then at least you know where to look.I suggest:1) work with the Seattle version only. Delete all other instances of FLED from the system (so that the only registry entries for FLED refer to the Seattle version only).2) delete ALL packages by moving them to a backup directory, giving an empty packages directory for Seattle. Do this for all of the regions.3) delete all models from the system except those in the original modelmip.tag for Seattle. Check that GEN contains a subdirectory called LITEMAPS, and that this directory has no BIN or MIP files in it.4) replace flt3.cfg by a fresh copy from the distribution disk.Holding your jaw slightly to the left, and with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th fingers crossed, launch FLED and see if the missing window reappears.If it does, then start rebuilding bit by bit. Replace the Seattle model set from your backup, TEST, replace the LITEMAP models, TEST, replace one package, TEST (you get the idea!).If it doesn't, then its not FU3/FLED's problem.RobD.

With three instances of FU3 installed the registry should see only one of them. Actually, I don't think the registry knows much about this one either, except for the path to fled.exe. Thus, with three totally independent instances all acting up in the same way I'm inclined to believe something else is wrong. Have you recently changed your video card or its driver? Does everything look OK as you "fly" the sim?Hans Petter

HI again,Now here's a blast from the past. This is exactly the problem I have with FLED.I wonder what the other symptoms of the disease were?Now if only I can fix it...:-hmmm CheersBruce

Guest CaptRolo

Robs;I had that same problem a year ago . The fix is your video settings anti aliasing ,temporal ,vertical, quality ,and other 3d settings.Try lesser for fled.keep it simple , for some reason Fled doesn't like same settings as when you fly FU 3.CaptRolo