Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

All together now --ohhhhhh FFFFLLLLLEEEDDD!

Hi Captain,Thanks for the suggestions. FLED seems to have come good after a clean out of the registry and reinstall.BUT... I am still struggling with getting hi res scenery during flight. It seems that FU is defaulting to level 4/5 as the highest LOD. Even FLED is refusing to show higher levels, and I am convinced the problems are related.I have tried a different video card altogether with no aliasing, ansitropic settings etc. Same problem.:-hmmmI am about to try and run it on another computer altogether, now that I have about completed rebuilding my normal system after a meltdown.The following shot is the start up top down view when editing an airport. Pretty blocky eh?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176496.jpgCheersBruce H

Hi Bruce,OK it's not the video card or setting of it.Are the files inside map folder at the correct place, all levels ?Path of the map folder as defined in region.cfg ?Level as defined in Region.cfg ?reg_name yourarea Areareg_cd_path C:Flight3cdromyourareamapsreg_cd_levels -1and all maps must be .bin and in the /region/yourarea/maps folder together with tilindex.bin and compress.bingood luck:-wave Andre

Guest fu3

Bruce!I forgot to tell you something REAL important!If you've used my cfg file, set the terrain_detail back to 103 or less. If you set it higher than 103, FLED goes crazy and anything you do there may or may not work after.Oh, and don't duplicate maps in the CDROM and region/xxxx/maps folder. I made that mistake when converting to binfiles :-roll...and got no scenery...If nothing else works, I could send you a DVD to try :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Thanks Andre & Jon,A few suggestions there I will double check on this evening. It's probably something completely DUMB that I have done..:-roll Or a combination of dumb things. Sigh....Will let you know.Jon, the S6 is looking good.Cheers :-wave Bruce H