Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

Graphics - too much info

Guest andy9164

Hi all,Yesterday I spent several hours going through all the archive posts looking for settings / driver info / tweakers / problems with GeForce and Detonator graphics. There is a lot of info in here but I need to re-open the subject to help me with a little problem.I have now installed my GeForce4 Ti4200 and there is a vast difference. I loaded the latest Detonator drivers from Nvidia (44.03) and have set anti aliasing and anios?? (whatever it is) to 4xs and 8x.(I can tweak these higher but the colours in the cockpit "run").I now have, no shimmer, no jagged edges on the horizon, I do not see the towns "building" as I fly over them and I still get a good 25fps.But.....and there always is one.At 3000ft, the bottom half of my view is crystal clear but the top half is blurred and not very well defined. I have tried altering the game settings for distance clipping, perspective etc but to no avail. Does anybody have any suggestions. Is there something I can put in my cfg file (I'm currently using the one created when I installed FU3)Any help would be appreciated.Andy

Andy,It seems me to have read a message of Quaxo (at least two months ago) in connection with what which worries you. I believe to remember that he largely said to have improved graphics by forcing a param

Trust me Andy, if I knew the solution to this problem then I would be using it :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest andy9164

Luc,I will read quaxo's post again.As for the building in Cardiff so far I have been unable to find any information and I dont suppose it will be that easy. Maybe you just have to make a look alike rather than a copy.Andy

I also have somewhat blurry ground in the distance, has always been. Does it look like this for you or is it worse? If this is how it looks then I'm afraid you'll have to live with it. It's not as bad as FlyII at least (*me apologizes to any Fly II fans here) :-lolSome other things to try:-Glasses-Clean your monitor-Don't drink and fly, drink after you've landed (especially if you also have the corrupted palette problem :-lol)http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/25208.jpg

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest jonpoint

S'funny eh?I became almost psychotic trying to get over this for years, then I saw the good doctor (Dr. Iscoll). He said my problem was simply trying to see everything too clearly. I tried to disagree but you know these doctors - they laugh whilst jabbing you in the arm with needles or say 'does this hurt?' when twisting your broken knee :-eek"Take this configuration file every time you go flying - and don't be afraid to slide that haze setting a little to the right. If you still feel pain, go up in a real plane and see for yourself."Well, I did. Actually, I do a lot but I just hadn't noticed. So, the last few times I've flown, I have been paying a lot of attention to haze effects. You know what? At 3kft, it can be real hard to see even the horizon, let alone make out any features more than a few miles ahead. At 10kft, the whole situation changes - you are above much of the haze and instead of looking 'along through' it, you look 'down through' it. Obviously, haze bands are thinner than they are long - duh...So, in the words of 'Seal' (the muso, not the cutish marine critter), "But we're never gonna survive unless...We get a little hazy.No we're never gonna survive unless...We are a little...Hazy..."Go on, turn it up ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Oh, I can see clearly now the haze is gone,Its gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny dayI'd sing it but you'd probably shoot me. Again.

Actually, I'd rather like to witness the impressive technology that would allow us to hear you singing it over the internet. If you can do it, then patent it quickly :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Well I tried last night - I set up a microphone and some recording software, but I had problems. As soon as I started singing, the microphone started waving a picket notice saying it wanted hazardous duty rates. Well that was OK, and I had settled terms with the microphone at time and a half and started again, when the whole computer shut down in what it called "self protection mode". Since the kids were already yelling at me to leave the poor cat alone, I thought I'd better leave it to your imagination after all.I like the haze, but I think there's a bit too much of a jump in the settings around the 1/3 mark - you go from blue skies to white skies a bit too quickly to control. I am still having problems with clouds in UK-South - even though glidernut sent me some sample weather files, I never get the high altitude clouds or the fluffy white low clouds any more - only the puffmodels. Strange.RobD

I also don't like the "white sky" that you get with too much haze. Is there no parameter in the .cfg file you can change to make the sky blue even when there's some haze?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Quaxo

In the cfg file there can be put a LOT of weather configuration entries... Last time I checked, it was a nightmare. You can define exactly how much light of the three red, green, blue components are scattered by the atmosphere, by the haze, by clouds and so on... There are tens of lines to add (or edit). I don't remember the details though - you can find them in Laurie Doering's site...Cristian

Yes, and the dawn and dusk skies with Laurie Doering's weather upgrades and a reasonable amount of haze look absolutely stunning.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

With the weather upgrades all the clouds turned white on my system :(I've seen some screenshots from othters which show the same thing so maybe it's not a problem, but a "feature". However, I prefer the clouds the way they look with the default .cfg file. I think I'm gonna experiment with haze tonight but I doubt I'll come up with a way to change sky color :)

MSFS / XP