Sign in to follow this  

Help Cardiff city and harbour zone

Hello all,;) I return to the load with Cardiff. I have to decide to publish the pack twice. 1/ Cardiff airport, in little time. 2/ Cardiff city and harbour zone. About October, November. By then, it is necessary me to reunify documentation to model the urban landscape. I foamed the Web without large succ

Guest R_Driscoll

I am working on that building you sent me - the City Hall. That one is easy to place! I have a few pictures of my own now for Cardiff also. I do not have any good pictures of the barrage or the docks, or Millenium stadium (except one side view). RobD.

Guest jonpoint

Bonjour Luc,The idea of having two scenery packs for each area... c'est magnifique!It allows users to 'tune' their install to suit their desired framerates without having to perform surgery!I too am doing this for my glider pack. One package simply has the airport, with a few trees and very simple scenery (a few houses). Package 2 includes moving objects as well like cars, trucks, other gliders and a train (which disappears into a tunnel...). Pack 3(!) contains ~1,000 trees and a few other hilltop objects like water tanks, clearance lights and cellphone towers.By populating the hills with trees, the entire Sky Harbour/Forest Falls area is transformed into something unique (Rob, if you are redoing FF, I will send you the pack 3 so you can save youself some work with objects). Unfortunately, once you clear the valleys and head towards Seattle, the framerate takes a dive (quite severe actually :-( ~25fps > 12fps). This doesn't concern me though, because it is a gliding package. By definition, you don't go flying gliders into controlled airspace anyway, so I pulled many packages that were out-of-range and... voila! No framerate drop (well, not much).I think most FU3 users are 'au fait' enough to be able to pull and replace packages as they wish. There is simply no sense having a highly-detailed Tacoma Narrows region when you won't get within 40 miles of it ;) So, please do the separate packages and we can all benefit. I'm looking forward to getting my whole UK region sorted after the gliders are out (of course, there WILL be UK glider packs as well which will come later ;) ):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

This sounds sensational!I did redo Forest Falls already, but there was little interest on AVSIM at the time so I haven't gone further with it, but maybe this could help.But your package sounds unbelievable - trains in tunnels? Several gliders? John will go nuts.But wait till you see Hans' new LCA package !! Now, more than ever, you have good reason to visit the big smoke (sorry, I mean London).RobD.

Jon,Water towers ? Where can I get the model ?That has reminded me of the Fire Tower model in FLED. I really should use that in one or two of my packages........Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest andy9164

Rob,Have had a good search around in the last few days for some other buildings Luc was asking for. Seems that Cardiff is a place people don't want to take pictures of.As for the Millenium stadium, dont forget it has a sliding roof, opens when it is sunny, closes when it is raining...now there's a challenge, tie it into the weather files so it works.:-lol Will keep searching.Andy

Yeah, and only show the players on the field in the Spring.....when the FA Cup Final takes place :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robs

Luc,I can get some digital photos of cardiff if you let me know what you want.It may be a couple of weeks but plan what models you want to do and I'll get what I can.It's just across the bridge and I am sure I will be there soon. I'll remember to take my digi camera.Rob.

Hi Robs,;)Thank you for your offer. These photographs are intended for a package which I intend to publish in October or November. Is to say that you have time. It will be the continuity of Cardiff airport. I will need sights of the historical center of the city: town hall, universit

>Hi Robs,;)>>Thank you for your offer. >These photographs are intended for a package which I intend to>publish in October or November. Is to say that you have time.>>It will be the continuity of Cardiff airport. I will need>sights of the historical center of the city: town hall,>universit

Luc,That's some project that you're attempting. You must have some kind of love affair with Cardiff City :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Sliding roofs, spring players? No problemo, easy peasy lemon cheesy. Now do you want the light towers to do a synchronised waltz?Mind you, I'm stuck on modelling the soccer ball. I can't get a cube that looks like it.RobD.

Chris, Amour ou pas, je vais toujours au bout des mes projets. :)LucFRANCE

Chris, Love or not, I always go at the end of the my projects:) >Chris, Amour ou pas, je vais toujours au bout des mes>projets. :)>Luc>FRANCE