Sign in to follow this  

Help Cardiff city and harbour zone

Hi Pete, ;) Very happy to read you. Thank you in advance for your offer of collaboration. I immediately will exploit the Web address that you sent to me. With my friendships,Luc :+

Guest Robs

So Luc,You want a photo of every building in Cardiff? Hmm Tricky I'll see what I can come up with!What I'd suggest (an this is what I am doing with filton) is to populate the flight path and approach with custom models of the significant buildings that stand out ....after all that is what they will see around your airport! Cardiff (or Caerdyff!) is quite big and so there are lots of buildings to do!! For lots of Cardiff I am sure the standard models will do (I know you'd like to model cardiff exactly but you have to be a little realistic and just create an impression)Also think of all the poor people who don't have alien levels of computing power...too many objects slow FU3 down so you have to make sure it is playable!Also how about a 2 part package...Airport and immediate surrounds and then you can release packages of Cardifftown and cardiff harbour later. This will keep you concentrating on a small bit of scenery before it becomes unacheviable.I am most likely to be around the harbour next...so that might be your first batch of photos!!!If you can be more specific on what you want then I can divert and take some piccys...If you can get a post code (eg CA1 1AA)for your building then if you type this into www.streetmap.co.uk you will get an exact map you can zoom in and out and location in coords...sometimes even an aerial photo! That should help if you are stuck in France!Rob

"Also think of all the poor people who don't have alien levels of computing power...too many objects slow FU3 down so you have to make sure it is playable!"Rob,Users with low end PC's need not apply for my latest upgrades :-) Some of my modified airfield packages exceed 150k in size (and that's a LOT of trees). At least I know that the "freezes" at McChord AFB and SeaTac have nothing to do with the amount of trees in my packages. Take-offs and landings at all of these upgraded airfields are smooth.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Robs, ;-)It is well my project to make two pack, for the aerodrome, and for the city. For the first I await the buildings of maintenance, and a tanker with the marks of British Petroleum. Then, I will place it at the disposal on Avsim. For the city, I have rather precise ideas of what I want. I want to make an interesting zone of overflight of it. My project is to publish it in October or November, but as modeling is rather long, I is caught there in advance to collect documentation. I will see the Web site that you indicate to me. Thank you. Friendships.C'est bien mon projet de faire deux pack, un pour l'a