Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Back to work at FU3

After upgrading my pc to an XP2400 with 512mb DDR memory I was lured to the dark side and installed FS2002 pro. The graphics are great, but it is no FU3. I am unhappy with the ATC, the lack of virtual cockpit for most of default and add-on aircraft, and the cockpits in general. I have redoubled my efforts on the Big Red cockpit and updating my Baron cocpit as well. I also have an R rated passenger for the Baron just for laughs, although it will not be included in the uploads. I never really left FU3, but always thought it better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

I also have a XP2400+ though mine is running slightly "out of spec" ;)FS2002 has virtual cockpits for almost all default planes and for many addon planes, especially those built in GMax...? Just press "S" when you're in 2D panel mode and you'll get a virtual cockpit.I'm trying to find FS2004 this weekend since it's supposedly already released in Sweden allthough the official release date is not until mid-next week. Finally something good about living in this cold dark pit :-lolAt least the new FS has proper sky colouring, not just the FS2002 cartoonish blue color that looks the same at 500 ft. as it does at 45 000 ft. It will also have AI at uncontrolled airports and better ATC just to name a few.It just might replace FU3 as my main sim, but don't quote me on that until I've actually played the sim :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Steve,Remember, even Darth Vader returned to the light side in the end. Just hit that "uninstall" button, and all will be well ;-)On a personal note, will the new Baron cockpit include a better VFR panel ? In other words, it would be nice to be able to see more of the outside world ! Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Great to have you back, Steve!RobD.

Please note that I never left FU3, and check the forum almost daily. I just was lured by the glitz of fs2002.

Guest jonpoint

Weren't we all? Fortunately, my neighbour bought it and let me try it out before he installed it. I couldn't believe the complexity! Then I set myself up a flight from Ranger to Arlington (can't remember the plane - might've been a Beaver) and had trouble recognising anything!That said, I can appreciate why many people like it (like, it's the only 'new' sim out there) and the aircraft choice is phenominal through Avsim.Maybe one day I'll get FS2004 - if someone gives me a copy! Unfortunately, my current projects would be useless in FS2002/2004 - ridge gliding :-)Nice to 'hear' you around again, Steve ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Yes, it isn't exactly necessary to shun all other sims to enjoy one particular one :-) However, as add-on development is concerned there's not enough free time to get involved in several sims. I'm glad that Steve stays with this one.best regards,Hans Petter

Hans,That's very true. I just wish that there was another flight simulator available that I liked :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png