Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Chat, Sat, Aug, 2nd... I hope??

Guest twsimfan

It be that time again... I hope we have better luck than last time.We will go for a 14:00 EDT "official startup"... but show up when you can. And cross your fingers that they don't melt down the server again! :)

Tom,Is the AVSIM chat system working properly now ? Last time I tried, it kept telling me that I didn't have a valid username. I will try again and see if it works.If it does, I am likely to be there no later than 14:30 EDT (19:30 BST).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,Near as I can tell it is working. The ATC is missing in action. It is also truncating names... my @AVSIM_twsimfan comes out @AVSIM_tws. I will have to send Tom Allensworth a mail... I know you wouldn't want to have to make do with out the ATC. :-lol

Guest Quaxo

I just tried logging in with ViRC - and it worked... I could log with my usual nick "Quaxo", and it wasn't truncated - but of course it's much shorter than "@AVSIM_twsimfan"! :-)Anyway, the room was completely empty - there were no bots at all.Cristian

Guest Matt Johnson

Ok folks...The IRC service is back up. It still needs tweaking (maximum nick length is 9 characters now, hmm) but it's there.NOTAM: AVSIM_ATC INOP UFN.Also, one of the (very few) things that was lost in the forum server disk crash was the IRC channel registration and nick database. As a result, very few nicks are now reserved.However, #furf is there now for these chats. Tom (twsimfan), drop me an email and I'll get you set up on the new system as an op.Regards,--M

Guest twsimfan

Matt,Thanks... e-mail sent... need to have Bob Stiles set up with mod powers for the new room too.

Sorry Matt, but the new chat system will STILL not accept me. I have entered ChrisLow as the nickname, and Christopher Low as my real name (since...strangely enough...that IS my real name), but I keep getting an "invalid username" message.Why am I having this problem ? Is nobody else suffering this ? Like I said, I can access the chat through the old client, but that isn't as good as the new version.Help ? Please ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest ChrisD

Will try to be there.Tom pse state times in UTC. I keep forgetting what 1400 edt is en 'european'. :) (signs of me geeting old, I guess....)ChrisD

Guest Ansgar

Hello Tom,I will try it this time also.As far as it looks I will be there at 08:00 PM (german time) and look in if anybody is there. Hopefully it is working now!If I came in trouble to join I will post this here before - so that nobody is waiting fo nothing ;-)Best regards Ansgar

I should be there at that time Ansgar. I look forward to "speaking" with you :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,14:00 EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) is the same as:-19:00 BST (British Summer Time)18:00 UT (Universal Time)20:00 (European Time; don't ask me what they call it)It would be best to ignore UT during the summer. It will only confuse you :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

I dunno... I believe that the UK is like +7 hours... making it 9 in the evening there? Mr. Low do that compute? Add as needed from there.

Tom,The UK is +7 hours from YOUR time zone, but only +5 hours from EDT...which means that 14:00 EDT is 7 p.m. in the UK.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,Right you are... that is what I get for thinking...