Sign in to follow this  
Guest olympic2

Setting time of day in FU3

Guest olympic2

Maybe I missed somethingHow do you set time of day in FU3?

You can change the time of day from the WEATHER MENU.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi olympic2,I dont know how to change the time of day in the weather screen.And nither dus Chris Low, or he would hav explaned properly!?!?But in flight you can hold doun the D key and moov the sun aroundthe erth to get what ever time if day or night you want.Holding doun the S key moovs the moon.glidernut;-wave

You really should stop taking those pills, John :-)Before you start a flight (important point, that one), you can access the weather menu (you know, the screen where you change the, er.....weather) and CHANGE THE TIME OF DAY. This involves left clicking on the set of numbers in the right centre of the screen (it should read 12:00). You will now be able to type in the time of day at which you would like to start your flight.Further to that, you can also change the season, or even the phase of the Moon....yippeee !Of course, this is BEFORE you start flying, but it CAN be done.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Chris Low,Highlighting the the time of day numbers, by left clicking on them, and thentypeing in sum new numbers, and then clicking on ACCEPT, and then going flying,dus not set the time of day (or night) in my FU3.No mater what numbers I typ, It dus not hav any afect.Is there any one out there that is prepered to chek this out properly and see if changeing the numbers actualy has the desiered afect.And dus not siply asoom that being abal to change the numbers meens it works.I would like to know, for how many of us this actualy works ?As aposed to just asooming it works ?glidernut.

Hello.Typing in new numbers in the weather displaybox works perfect.Also season can be changed here.Best regards.Lars Peter.:-wave

Oh God, thanks for that Lars. I was starting to wonder if I was going senile :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

John,If you enter 00:00, and then fly in the simulator, is it not dark ? If not, then there is something very strange happening with your copy of FU3.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Lars, Chris, Now that I realiz the time sistem that is being used is notwhat I am usest too useing, I am geting sum sukses in getingit to work.But only from 1:0 to 12:00, which is from dark to dalight.If I use higher numbers, than this then I dont get what I expect!I am confused.I am mor familier with a time system that has 24 houwersin a day, preferably with AM and PM.It always confuses me when I see a number that starts with 0Even if the time system being used is the same as thay use in thearmy, then I would expect higher numbers than 12:00 to work?!?!If 12:00 is mid day, then 13:00 should be one haouer later, right?and it should not be dark! righr, But it is in my fu3!!!!!Perhaps I am going senile, but every now and then I dont get whatI think I sould get.Yes Chris, 00:00 is dark every itme I try it, (so far that is).the only way I can be shooer of geting what I want is to usethe d kye.glidernut.:-wave

Guest glidernut

And another thing!!Mome, grumbl, mone. Why when I typ 07:00 and go flying and then go back to the weather screendo I fined the number has changed to 06:59 ?!?!?!???Mome, grumbl, mone.How did I get into this?Its my big mouth agen, thats what it was.And I could hav been doing sumthing usfall!!!!!!!glidernut.

Hmmm.Senile???I have been at that diagnose for years.Welcome into the club!:-hah Lars Peter.:-cool Hmm-where was I??

John,I can enter times using the 24 hour clock with no problems. In fact, I did this to get some nice sunset effects for a few screenshots that I sent Mark Embleton at PC Pilot magazine. Perhaps you don't have the "timepiece" upgrade ? This can be found at www.thisisonlyajoke.com, and this will enable you to do the following fancy stuff:-** Enter times using the 24 hour clock !** Includes a FIFTH season for British pilots...rainFALL !** Upgrades the Moon to include a beautifully detailed, 0.1 pixel** wide version of the crater Tycho (including central peak) !** Comprehensive instruction manual for all glider pilots !:-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest olympic2

Have just finished reading all the replies, comments etc and now I am really puzzled.Does everyone hve a different version of FU3 than I do?My "Weather" settings under the OPTIONS selection allow for:On the Left Hand Side Fair Weather Cumulous (switchable ON or OFF)Enhanced Cumulous (switchable ON or OFF)Haze (adjustable)On the Right Hand SideCumuliform variabilityCumuliform DistanceSky DetailWind AccuracyTurbulence.and thats all folks.?????????????

Guest olympic2

:-mad Further look revealed another "Weather" button on the Airport screen.Gone past that one many times without looking at it.And that one does the job providing I firstly load "Sunset" and then change the time to any hour from 1900 through to Dawn.Hope this helps others.

Why do you need to load the SUNSET weather option ? I can change the time of day for any weather configuration.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png