Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

Early had off to ground

Guest Robs

Hi all,I am fishing for ideas again on my next problem.I am designing filton as you know and I am experiencing the tower controller handing me off to ground before I touch down.I haven't pinned it down yet but it happens close to the threshold usually when I threaten to undershoot! There was some parking nearby and I thought FU3 thought I was too near that but I removed it and I haven't overflown any taxiways and yet tower stills palms me off.....wouldn't mind but he usually schedules a C5 up me b*m before I have chance to clear....In fact I want to sack him!Anyway...ideas from anyone?Robs.

Guest R_Driscoll

Sure. Sack him. Its the only way. Safety is the primary issue here. If his union objects, threaten a transfer to Oslo. That will make him get his act together very smartly.Ah, anyone else have any ideas?RobD.

Guest Robs

All,It doesn't happen all the time but only about half the time.It does happen when you are "on the ball" or on autopilot approach!!!If you aim well down the runway it doesn't.I think it seems to happen as soon as you pass the green runway description....could the height of my airport be wrong?I have increased the width of my runway...to make sure I am over it etcSo you're in the air and coming into land and the tower says contact ground...weird..I take it from the number of views and few replies that not many people have seen this problem....Even running thru the check list again would be helpful....Rob.

Rob,I have never had this particular problem. As an extra note, I would make sure that your blue airport icon is at the same elevation as the runway, since this is the height at which the AI planes will operate. If this is higher than the runway, then your AI planes will appear to "float" above the landscape (and the runway). I have no idea if this has any meaning with respect to your problem :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png