Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Asplund Field with tyres

OK guys, I have replaced the logs at Asplund Field with some of Jon's tractor tyres. The narrow runway looks much better with these, and operations here will be somewhat more relaxed :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Looks better, but that's the most tidy line of tyres I've ever seen ;) I think you should put them at slightly random distances from each other, that would look a bit more natural (if tractor tyres can every look natural...)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I think they might be randomized a bit but not too much. Remember, if one were to use tires to mark a bush strip it would make sense to line them up. However, what could be expected would be the use of slightly different worn-out tires. You might mix sizes and hues a bit. The latter choice would imply making a second model that uses a slightly different texture. But then, I really think this looks great and we're splitting hairs now! :-)Hans Petter

You guys are almost as fussy as I am ;-)You will all have to make do with what you get. I'm working my **** off trying to get these packages finished, and I started about six weeks ago. I am hoping that everything will be complete in another two or three weeks.........Seriously though, I appreciate the feedback. Just make sure that it's POSITIVE feedback in future :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris, the tyres look fine (as I knew they would) and, if it were my airport, I'd make sure they were straight too. Our local has them 'anchored' with short bits (~2ft) of re-bar hammered through the lower wall with a sledgehammer. BTW, the 'penalty' for moving a tyre (e.g. crashing into it) is to replace it and re-anchor it BEFORE the next flight. This is done to cause maximum embarassment to the culprit and usually results in some photos being posted on the noticeboard! 'Tyre Hammerer of the Month' is a title to avoid if possible :-lolOf course, I didn't have to model that, in FU3 the tyres are anchored 20ft into the ground and filled with concrete (in other words, don't hit them!)... :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,I'm looking forward to seeing some screenshots of crashed airplanes at my upgraded airfields.....particularly those that are defined with Mr Driscoll's Coast Redwood trunks :-lolBy the way, the runway and parking area at Wax Orchards was upgraded last night, and I have just converted Harbord Field's runway from logs to tyres. Sorrell Airpark will also be getting this treatment tonight. That will probably leave around nine airfields defined with logs, but these will be staying as they are. After all, I don't want to spoil the fun ;-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png