Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptRolo

Vacation

Guest CaptRolo

HI fellow pilots ; Does any one still on this forum live in or around LA or Frisco ?? I will be planning a trip to LA CAlifornia to visit my son and would like to BE able to go up in a GA aircraft to view ,take digital photos of bay area and any related sites for posting .Any Help would be appreciated . If I have the time I may go to Seattle also. Got 2 weeks to play .I stay up with reading this forum but too much work keeps me from being more active at this time .CaptRolo

Guest R_Driscoll

Great to hear from you again and that you are still listening in to the forum! I for one would appreciate any pics you happen to take, just to compare reality with what you see on your trip. ;-) As a suggestion, if you do find yourself inclined to go round shooting things, try to take pictures without planes in them! As I've said before, so many airport photographers shoot wonderful maintenance sheds or fences or whatever, and put a whacking great plane in the foreground that spoils the whole view and means I have to cut and edit my fingers to the bone.But have a great trip! RobD.

Guest twsimfan

Rolo,Bob Stiles lives next door to LAX. Does that help?I am in the Denver area... a little far from California.While you are in California I will be heading up to Tacoma Washington... via road... my annual visit with my mom. So between the two of us we will have the FU world covered... provided you make it to San Francisco.

Guest CaptRolo

Rob;TOM; I will try for some good pics of area ,I have a new cannon s400 4 mp camera,a 128 and 32 meg card and two batterys . going the week of 22 sept. will try for SanJose also.Bob Stiles on this forum? CaptRolo

Guest twsimfan

Yeah... Bob Stiles... FlyBert... Robert_S... my co-moderator... you have known him forever! :)

Guest CaptRolo

DUH ok - FlyBert- yes now i get it CaptRolo

Sorry El Capitain, caint help yer, ah iz way down in Tucson.Hey gyz, check out my latest and greatest "Z".30% scale, 85 inches in wing span, 22 pounds, powered with a 52cc gas engine.Flys like it's on rails !> Jim

Guest jonpoint

Aw, Jim - another wee ripper! Looks even better than your last one.What's the block on the r/h strut for? You may remember my R/C GeeBee problems with gear destruction. I concluded after that I wouldn't worry too much about scale accuracy as lang as she survived my landings :-lolAnd a nice, wooden prop! And I'm glad it flies 'on rails' - mine did too butthe rails ran into the ground...And no, the Dash-8 is still going slowly. So far, every piece of hardware I have put aside is fairly generic - I may yet choose to do something else if Gerry doesn't get much done at his end. Without the moldings and machining for the flaps, gears and other bits, she's a bit of a mechanical nightmare!If I ever get to Tucson, I wanna fly!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

>Aw, Jim - another wee ripper! Looks even better than your>last one. #> It's considerably larger at 30% scale size. <#>>What's the block on the r/h strut for? #> Those are simply covers for the pants attachment bolts; strictly for aesthetics. I'm just a stand-off scale kind of guy. Lands like a butterfly with sore feet ! <#> Jim> First lift off photo below >

Guest CaptRolo

GeeBeeJimWOW that is a good looker !!!wish I could see it for real. I'll Wave When I fly over Western states .CaptRolo