Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Panel Question

Is there a way to add the day and night lit views to panel that don't have them, Thanks

Guest jonpoint

Steve,I've had no luck. Maybe Ansgar or Gideon maybe able to help here. I had no joy with the Dash-8 and would love to have lit/unlit panels. BTW, I had no problems adding an extra view to the Stemme model but I couldn't do it with the Dash-8 :-grr I think the Baron/Windhawk model carries some restrictions over from FU2.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Steve,What difalt panel dus not hav day and night lit views ?All of my difalt panels hav day and night lit views! Jon Point has just stated that his Dash-8 has no day and night lit views,but thy hav in my FU3, see snaps.Perhaps its the setings in options ?Or perhaps its the vershion of FU3? I hav the Einglish vershion.glidernut.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Sory, I forgot the snaps.glidernut.

That night version of the Dash 8 panel doesn't appear to be lit, John ! Have a look at the Beechjet and Mooney panels to see what a lit panel looks like :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Yes it is, its lit.If it wasant lit, it would be totaly dark and you woudant see anything.Anyway the point is that there are 2 pitchuers in the res file, one darkand one light.All Steve Hess has to do is fined the dark one useing ResViewer andexport it and add what ever lighting efects he wants by useing what everpanet program he has, and then useing the free (i.Mage) program to put backall the transparant green back the way it was, and then inport it back into the res file.For exampl, Iv just dun this useing PanteShopProe.But its only an exampl, Im not spending the rest of the day finishing of the green transparant bits.PS, the free (i.Mage) program can be got from hear,and it can be recognized as having the imige of a panet brush.http://www.memecode.com/glidernut.:-wave

Do not confuse the day and night views with the day and night lit views!Some aircraft in FU3 have four not two panel views. I would like to add them if someone has a way to do it, Thanks

Guest glidernut

Steve,>"Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."Rubish, if you dont ask, then you will never know.I dont cair what peopl think of me.I just cum strate out and say what I think.Even if we dont lern from this discushion, others might.Can you be mor spersific ?What difalt res file are you starting with, and wish to add the addishianallighting to ?I will chek it out, and see if I can get it to hav an extra vew.This extra vew will be 2 pictchers of what ever you like.glidernut.:-wave

I changed my signature to read that quote because I like it. It was not directed at anyone. If it becomes a problem I will change it.Look at the Mooney or Renagade in cockpit designer to see what I am talking about. There are four panels, two day and two night. The day and night lit views give you two diferrent panels for day and give you two diferrent panels for night. That give me an a way to add front lighting if these panels can be added to planes without them.

Guest R_Driscoll

I haven't checked this out but if I understand this correctly, with FU2 planes (and their descendants) there was no separate instrument lighting, but with FU3 planes (and their descendants) you could turn instrument lighting ON/OFF using the "j" key. Is that right? Is this implemented in cockpit designer?

Guest Rich Wren

I'm pretty sure this is working in cockpit designer as I seem to remember adding the 747 quarter views in this manner. I've just tried opening the Dash-8 though and I only seem to be able to access the unlit panels and without the background image. Most odd.

Guest jonpoint

Sorry for the stupid management training quote - but it's true. Review panels must be given their say and not be questioned. After all, the panel was formed to make a decision!The story, as I know it:FU2 aircraft had two panels, day and night. Obviously, if you don't 'light' the night panel, it's dark. So, the night panels are day panels, darkened to suit but without the instrument faces being darkened too much. Aircraft derived from these carry the same limitation - see the Dash-8, Baron, Windhawk, B350, DC3 for example.In FU3, they introduced panel/cabin lighting. Aircraft made 'new' for FU3 therefore have this ability - B400, Mooney, Renegade (not sure about the Stemme - it's SO weird I almost dare not mention it). Any aircraft based on these will have 4 panels available: day unlit, day lit, night unlit, night lit. This allows you to have a choice of panel or cabin lighting. Also, the other views (left, right etc) are also repeated in day/night/lit/unlit.Now, maybe, there's a way of re-allocating resources WITHIN the resfile but, at the end of the day, without re-scripting the compilation process, I don't believe we can add resource files to resfiles. A resource file in the resfile is simply an entry. Most resources are single files like bitmaps or wavefiles. Some resources are containers - see the cockpit art for example. These containers CAN have files added to them but are restricted in their application (and number of entries). I am rapidly approaching the point where I want to leave Resviewer alone and re-script the entire resfile. We have scripts from the B400 but I don't know if we really have enough data to apply the scripts properly. For example, the B400 model gets kakky when you put prop engines in it, why I don't know :-grr This prevented the Dash-8 from having the extra panels, extra views and a GPS :-( If we could 'unlock' the resources, we would not only be able to alter things more, we would actually have a 'window' of the game engine itself which may allow us to do many more things as well. Maybe, when Ansgar, Gideon, I and anyone else interested have some time (somewhere in 2008 I should be free...), we could put our heads together.Sorry for the long-winded reply but I wanted to share all I know about it to further our hobby ;)(:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Steve, and all,The quote is just fine.And yes you are right along with Jon point and RobD,s J key.But there is a parshal solooshion.You can use the add vew to add 2 mor fall cocpits insted of just useing it to add only a smal drop doun bit.Which is what I am doing at the moment for a glider.And insted of useing the J key, you clik on the screen with the mous insted.But this would only giv you 2 not the 4 that you want, hmmmmmmm.glidernut.:-wave

The problem with the add view option is that the added view shows in the F2 and F3 views. That's fine for a small gimmic panel, but you could end up with a real mess with a full screen panel. ie: F3 view in the F2 screen and vise vera. I ran into problems with the new Kingair panel. I add some features to the F3 view and then switching to F2, everything was out of place. Also to get some of them to work I had to drop the rectangles too low, which screws up the outside views. Very frustrating the limits we have here. STILL A GREAT SIM, just wish we could do a little more.

Steve,I would like to see that F2 view.....just in case it needs any "modifications" ;-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png