Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

HV towers in the library - previews

Guest jonpoint

Just a note to let you know I did actually upload the transmission towers I mentioned the other day!These shots are just examples - I am releasing the models without a package for now. I do have a map of HV lines in the area though so I might do one or two packages to cover parts of the eastern half of the map if that seems a better idea. I don't suppose you'd want them everywhere, just near airports or on prominent hills, ridges and mountains ;)Near Kapowsin Field. Don't dilly-dally around at 250ftAGL, will you? http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/28846.jpgFurther along the line, looking back to Kapowsin. At least there are no wires to hit :-eekhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/28847.jpgNear, um, er... somewhere in the mountains not far from Skykomish.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/28848.jpgCheck in the library for more details - use the 'zipdiver' and read the textfile for info.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

powerlines - "a symbol of man's ability to convey electricity" (from "The Castle"). These are excellent too Jon - if you did make wires (parabolic sag may be difficult), you should put some of those orange balls on them so that glider pilots can see what they're hitting (or do I mean miss what they're seeing). RobD.

That's an excellent model, Jon. It's definitely something that I could use in my packages.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest andy9164

Excellent Jon. According to my info there are some that you have to be aware of at Lydd so now I can add these as well.ThanksAndy

Guest glidernut

Oh yes yes yes,Iv must hav sum of thees.Thay are briliant.Thanks Jon.glidernut.:-jumpy

Guest jonpoint

Folks,I'm glad you like them. Another one of my 'scenery secrets' out of the bag...As to wires, yellow balls etc, we cannot have wires because each tower is at a diferent height so they don't line up :-( Don't worry, I tried it anyway. Like my railways and tunnels (whoops, another one out of the bag...), one could only use them in certain places. Maybe if I did the entire region I could do it but you would need hundreds of models :-( :-(The yellow balls would be possible - I even thought of placing them as moving models so they can swing back and forth (and I could attach a 'breeze' noise to each, in case you got a bit close!Is this all too much? I really wanted to finish the gliders and at least one gliding scenery package before I model every square inch of Seattle! If you liked Clare's Valley, you'll love 'Twin Peaks', as long as you don't mind flying a glider or a small aircraft - the runway is grass, only 1500ft long. As usual, it's got lotsa trees, cattle, wolves in the mountains (woooooooooooooooo...), a small amount of traffic (no highways here), the towers and a small challenge. There are a lot of sounds (creeks, frogs, crickets, cattle, wolves(!)and wind through the mountaintops. Best part, being a glider package, you'll be able to hear the entire suite whilst flying ;)Apart from the towers and tyres (which Chris is using in his new packages), I have included every other unreleased model as well. Did you know that it will be the first FU3 airport to have a proper loo (well, a 'portaloo')? So, if ya gotta go...:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,I have first hand experience of "portaloos" at Moto-X events. Let's just say that they are best avoided !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris,Ah, the trackside loo :~PNothing like sharing it with 104 sweaty, muddly, smelly riders who were in too much of a hurry to... we won't go there :-erksThis is why I switched to enduros back in the early 80's. Blast off the line, bash bars to get in front before the first forest section, then pull off behind a tree, grab the bumf from the bumbag and... relief ;) It must be something about kidney belts.I even remember DNFing from a race then loaning my bike to someone JUST so they could go 'bush' and find inner peace, so to speak :-lolBUT, this one's clean (and only used by virtual crappers) so it 'virtually' reeks - but not actually...Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************