Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Getting Closer

Night starts to take shape, VFR panel will come quickly after night artwork is finished.

Guest jonpoint

Nice one, Steve!Again, I am humbled by your great work ;)Doing the Blanik night panels is real easy - just make 'em black :-lol:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Steve,Can you make the VFR panel take up less of the screen than the one in the existing Baron ? It would be nice if this panel occupied no more than one third of the screen. This is only my opinion of course, and should not be taken as any kind of criticism. If this isn't possible, then I will just have to get a customised job done after the panel is released :-)Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. All of the panels look great (particularly that stylish KingAir one). Now we just need someone to upgrade the KingAir model itself.........I'm thinking of those basic looking flaps here ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The VFR panel is lower than on my first Baron, but it may not be low enough for your 13 requirement. Hope you like it anyway.

Steve,OK, I will just have to wait for the final release. The fact that it is lower than the existing version will obviously be an improvement, and it certainly looks the business :-) I really like that silver finish compared to the rather dark original.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Steve and Chris, that VFR panel and the approach angle look right on :-) If anyone finds this one to be too tall they're coming in too "flat". Please look for 500 ft / min (5) until you flare over the runway and you'll be able to get a proper view. Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

It all looks very professional to me. Congratulations again Steve!RobD.

Hans,What constitutes a comfortable field of view is a highly subjective question. What you consider to be correct may not appeal to me, irrespective of whether it is "correct" or not. This panel looks quite promising in this respect, but it must be remembered that the VFR panel was designed by LGS for the specific purpose of getting a clear view "through the windscreen". After all (and this is something that I stated in my FU2 article last year), what is the point in having fantastic satellite mapped terrain textures if you cannot see them properly from the cockpit ? ;-)The VFR panel is one of the best design decisions that LGS made (in my opinion), and it is a message that Microsoft are finding hard to understand. Full size panels in MSFS (or FU3 for that matter) just make me feel like Lindbergh. In other words, I might as well have a bloody great fuel tank sat in front of me :-lolCan anyone tell me if FS2004 has a VFR panel option ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you want a totally unobstructed view there's always the option of tapping F1 in FU3. FS2002 and FS2004 have an "essential gauges only" view (W). The gauges line up along the lower edge of your monitor or you get a small, centered console with the gauges you need. The FS2002 approach is the one we got with the tweaked Stemme. Quite a few payware FS2002 aircraft have a true VFR panel option -- by clicking on the panel a second instance of the panel loads and this one is shifted down. Microsoft themselves have not made a true VFR panel but the gauges only view is quite useful.Hans Petter

Hans,Yes, I am aware of the "gauges only" view, but.....er.....I don't like it. I prefer to have a panel, but one that I am "looking over the top of" :-) As for "some" payware planes having VFR panels, that's great....but what happens if your favourite planes DON'T have them ? In my opinion, it is something that would stop me from using an entire flight simulator. Of course, MSFS has plenty of other annoyances to keep me locked out on that count :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest CaptRolo

Looking Good Steve .CaptRolo