Sign in to follow this  

Good Ole' Flight Unlimited 1

I just found my original disk for FU1 and it brought back some warm fuzzy memories. Only thing is I know that the DOS version is a pain in the A$$ to get to run in WinXP. I was wondering if anyone knew of a working link or would be willing to file transfer the Win95 version. I got the demo to work and I just about jizzed myself!!! I haven't touched this baby in 5 or 6 years. I read some of the earlier posts from around Sept that expalined that there was a link that had the download but the file is no longer there. I would appreciate any help!Stewartyou can email me at devilman2366623@hotmail.com

Guest Motormouse

Found this one for sale on e-Bay,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=11051(If I was in USA I'd bid for it myself)or you can download the Win95 patches for the DOS versionfrom avsim library, look for file fu_patches.zip in theMiscellaneous Files section of the library.:-wavePetePs. found this link to download the demo versionhttp://www.tecsat-in.com.br/bruxa/flight/unlimited.htm

Guest jonpoint

Yes, alas I too am now searching for a Win95 version. I used to keep my old DOS version on another PC and have somehow lost the disc! I DID have a backup copy (archive) but when I copy it over, it freezes the PC when I try to run it :-( :-(I downloaded the 'abandonware' version but couldn't get it running and have mislaid that now too. Should get my durn life together but hey! I tried downloading it again but it had moved. Last week I tracked it down on a Slovenian website but the file was already gone!As far as purchasing it goes, I wouldn't have a problem if dealing with a 'reputable' suppliers but I've been burned twice through online auctions and I don't want to sign up for @#$%&Pay^%#$*Pal or any other 'skim off the top' style credit company. If the vendor isn't 'reputable' enough to have their own banking methods, I wonder about the vendor's validity. Besides, I already pay enough fees to my bank - I don't need any more...Maybe once I've finished the Dash-8 upgrade (+ new livery)/gliders/scenery packages/models/sound resources/new AI DHC6 & 8(!) - pant pant...Suffice to say, the fruits of my labours will be forthcoming soon ;)Maybe I should upload a Powerpoint presentation about it all :-wave Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Staggerwing

Just for the record... the seller pays the fees for PayPal use :-)Also, this is the only way most people have of accepting credit cards from the buyers..Check the "BUY HERE" post at the top of the forum for any online "stores" that still have it.Best,

Guest jonpoint

"Just for the record... the seller pays the fees for PayPal use :-)"Actually Tom, they require you (the buyer) to firstly give them permission to debit your account for a $2 fee BEFORE they allow the transaction. Now, I don't openly give permission for anyone to debit my account... Nuh, if someone wants to sell something, THEY can jump through the hoops - or I'll go elswhere. I have donated money to Avsim before, but not since PayPal came along. I wanted to but just couldn't get past giving them direct debit permission on my account (my bank even advised against it and pointed out that PayPal has been involved in some iffy legals overseas).Like many people, if I am buying something, I AM RIGHT! It's the seller who should do the extra work to clinch the deal. That's how commercial enterprise works. Companies like PayPal are there for the vendor, not the buyer so why should I pay even $2? Make it easier, not harder.This is not me 'having a go' at Avsim. For whatever reasons you decided to use them, you are entitled to your choice however; "...by inserting a middle-man, you are one step further away from your customer".By way of comparison, most purchases I do over the net I do through my bank's internet service. I get the vendor's account and BSB numbers and just drag 'n' drop money into their account. Stuff giving out my CC number to strangers (BTW, I use the above method also for private purchases). Were I to know Avsim's banking details, I could easily do the same ;)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,Are you saying that donations to AVSIM now have to be done using PayPal ? If that's the case, then I have a problem. I want to donate a percentage of my earnings from the PC Pilot article (when I receive it) to AVSIM (like last time), but I certainly don't want to use PayPal. I have had experience of this through eBay UK, but I was one of the lucky ones. I cancelled my account before I had done any damage !However, quite a few members of eBay UK have not been so fortunate. It is this business of chargebacks that cause so many problems for PayPal users outside of the USA. It's ridiculous that innocent people can be robbed (and yes, that is the correct word) through no fault of their own.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robs

I run my old dos version quite happily on win 98 using an MSdos short cut....it had to be patched...I can send the patch to anyone who needs it...I liked the way the gliders wings bent...I liked the thermals too....if processing power was there they would have done a full tow plane....wheres that disk...I have the orignal ...paid full money for it!!

Guest Staggerwing

Jon,I hear what you are saying, and will post again to this OT subject because it now involves Avsim.But it must be different when using PayPal from outside the USA..Over the years I have only needed to use one of my credit cards through PayPal to pay for a purchase and NEVER had to pay a fee or percentage. Also by using a charge card account I never had to okay a direct debit on my account.You can only get an account to accept charge cards if you are a business. It would be virtually impossible for an individual to accept charges without such a place as PayPal. Banks just don't give merchant accounts to anyone asking for them. And if they DID... we would all be in trouble. (more trouble :-) )I know if I accept a check from outside the USA my bank will charge me $15USD just to deposit it... Fine if it's for large amount, but stinks if it's for same or lesser amount. People just don't want to go out and buy a money order and then snail mail it while they wait and wonder if it will arrive and then wait for the seller to ship the item. OR have the seller hold the product until a personal check clears the bank before they ship.Money orders here cost between $1-$2 and then $.37 (within USA) for a stamp and $.05 or so for an envelope. My bank also charges me a fee to write checks to someone... There is always SOME kind of a fee if you don't use cash face to face.and I'm sure they will figure a way to add a fee to that one day :-)Best,

Tom,Yes, it is different for overseas users. Anyone outside of the USA does not get protection against chargebacks when using credit cards through PayPal. This means that someone from the USA can purchase a product from the UK, receive it successfully, and then inform PayPal that they never received it. They will then get their money back, and the seller in the UK can do NOTHING.That is almost farcically ridiculous in an age where global transactions are the norm, and it is something that PayPal should be doing something about. If they are, then they are dragging their heels mighty deep.I do not know about the fees that you are talking about, so I will let Jon elaborate :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png