Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

New upgrade of my HQ AI-package uploaded

Guest Ansgar

Hello FU3 flightsimmers,I can present you now the fourth beta package of my new high quality AI-upgrade for FU3. News in this package: -> All of the new HQ models B747, B737, MD-88 are now replaced in their HQ-versions also in their mid-distances. So the mistake of unusual "model flippings" in mid distances (~300meter away) should be fixed now. -> I created some new trainer textures. Now we have three different trainer outfits. -> One of the new trainer C172 (red one) replaces the Chinook, the other one (light blue) the UFO.Have fun with this little upgrade and enjoy it! :-)Best regardsAnsgar P.S.: The final version of my B747-400 is in it

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,That's great news, I've got it downloading now.I have a request though, would it be possible for you to send me the high-res textures for the new 747 prior to releasing the model? That way I get a bit of a head-start on updating the Virgin livery...Cheers,Rich.

Guest jonpoint

Ansgar,Great news! There's so much happening right now I need an extra 8 hours in each day to keep up ;)I have downloaded it but it may be a while before I can truly enjoy it. I can't wait to be rid of Chinooks for a change ;)Meanwhile, everything else is progressing slowly. I'm sure you know the drill... Every time I get over something, another issue comes up. Suffice to say the L-13 is looking 200% on the previews posted recently and the launch method had had it's ups and downs(!) but it's fairly stable now. You and the other beta testers should be receiving copies this week, albeit with an unfinished scenery package. Some of the models haven't worked-out quite right + I've been fixing up a few others for Chris Low (like the new tyres etc) so I haven't had time to do everything. This week, the plane comes first (after another peek at your 747).I know you mentioned your 747 and I will fly it tonight and answer your questions. I flew it ages ago but have been distracted by un-powered flight!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Oh yes, Rich. I want that new Virgin Atlantic livery very badly indeed. It should be quite a sight flying low over downtown Seattle....and scaring all of the commuters :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jon,Yes, the absence of those damn Chinooks is probably the most important upgrade in this pack :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi Ansgar,Thanks for the wunderfal upgrades, the new red trainer replaceing theChinook is my favrit.I did a lot of looking, but found no strange problems.I normaly avoid flying at big airports like Sea-Tac. I spend 99.9% of my time in and around the mountins away from bigairports and big jets.In fact bicous Sea-Tac is wher Fled opens, I use it to try out all thenew Fled models.My Sea-Tac looks like a theem park gon rong.So your HQ jets had to taxy throo s-trees, electrisaty pileons thehouses of parliment, and even a flying dragon.Normaly, I carnt tell one big jet from another, but I had no problem inspoting your HQ jets, thay are much beter looking than the others.Yes I know, I am a filistyn, not useing what most peopl regard as beingone of FU3s best feetchers.So as you can imajen, I dont spend much time flying your 747.But your eferts hav not been totaly wasted on me, as I hav spent a lotof time lately looking at your 747 in CockpitDesigner looking to seewhat lesons I can gleen from the expert (Ansgar Avermeyer). Best regards,glidernut.:-wave

I'll try it, when I back from my holidays. Thanks for new upgrade.B.Adamski

Guest Ansgar

Hello together,uuuuups, such an response for this small update... :):):)So I

Ansgar,I do not have any problems with bleed through lines in the cockpit panel (or any of the cockpit views) with your new 747. Unfortunately, I cannot test fly it at the moment, since my old joystick has essentially failed. I am in the process of replacing it, and hopefully I will have a new one here by the end of this week.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Ansgar, can I also add my congratulations! The improvement is amazing, especially when you see one of the unimproved planes fly past! Your colour schemes are great - the big splashes of red add a lot of colour to the airports and certainly add to the feeling of busy-ness and realism of the whole package. I found no problems last night with any of the new planes, and especially enjoyed seeing your beautiful "Trainer" flying an approach at Stansted.Like Glidernut, I am a total barbarian with the big planes - I recognise Jumbos becuase of their hump (why aren't 747's called camels?) but after that I have troubles. But there was one plane in black/red livery where the windows seemed to float - maybe a B777?. Looking at it more closely, I could see that the graphics engine wasn't drawing some of the "face" panels on the side, especially at narrow angles, making the windows seem to separate from the body.And apart from this small point, I'm afraid I couldn't find anything else wrong with anything. It all seems too good to be true. All I can say is thank you very much for your hard work in bringing this new improvement to our old sim!There are potentially so many new great add-ons coming out soon: here's a short list (and if I have missed somebody, please excuse my ignorance - I'm from Sydney):Rob - Lydd airportHans P - LCAJon/John - something about missing engines - I've forgotten ...Luc - CardiffAnsgar - AI traffic + JumboAgtim - models programChris - Seattle scenery updatesSteve - BaronQvdg - ghosts (DH82)Anyway, what a Christmas we are having in August! A big thanks to all these developers for the time and effort they put in!RobD.

Robert,That "floating windows" problem with the AI Boeing 777 is an existing problem. It isn't caused by Ansgar's high detail AI pack. However, it would be nice to get rid of it......preferably with a high detail 777 model :-)Oh, and I am also making modifications to the SanFran pack.....just nowhere near the magnitude of the Seattle pack.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Robert,thank you very much for the "warm words" :-)Nevertheless you didn

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,I've got the email thanks, hope to have a model to wrap them around in the near future :-)Cheers,Rich.

Rich,Yep, the sooner the better if you ask me :-)If you want a beta tester for the new Virgin Atlantic textures, then just let me know ;-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png