Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Geforce driver problems

I just updated my Geforce drivers to ver. 45.23 from 41.09 and FU3 will not work. I reverted to the old driver, but now I have some little bug from going back to them. Does anyone have a thought on how to get FU3 to work with the new driver, or how to completely remove the new one and do a clean install of the old. I am running Win98se. Thanks

Guest Rich Wren

When you went back to the old drivers, did you do the usual procedure of setting your display adaptor to "Standard VGA" before removing?Did you replace all files that it claimed already existed?Sorry for asking the obvious questions but I know what I'm like myself...Rich.

This is a classic example of why upgrading to newer Detonator drivers is not a good idea.....unless you know that you need them. I am using the Detonator 30.82 drivers, and I have no intention of upgrading until I buy a game that will be significantly enhanced by the extra features of the latest drivers.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Steve,* Search for the file 'detonator destroyer' and download it. * Set your display to std VGA and reboot.* Run 'detonator destroyer' and reboot.* Install your new drivers!I had a similar issue for a while until I was put straight. After 4x.xx drivers came out, they altered the installation method (previously installed as a driver but now just run as an executable). This means that the new file's installation doesn't actually remove all the old files because their names have been altered. So, it installs the new files OK but it doesn't recognise some of the obsolete names and leaves them there :-(I am now running 43.51 drivers with DX9 and it works fine!PS there are other methods but this one is pretty foolproof (not that you are in any way a fool - I reserve that title for MSFS users who post messages here, demanding an explanation as to why we still use FU3!).:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Robs

I burnt a whole weekends computer time trying to reverse back to 3082....I have a geforce (not 2 or 3 or 4) and upgrading the driver simple causes the 800x600 16 colours to be the only available resolution...I tried many things and I am convinced that it plain don't work!DON'T DO IT!!!

Rob,I wasn't suggesting that anyone revert to the 30.82 drivers from any newer versions. I was suggesting that, if your current drivers work fine, then DO NOT UPGRADE. There really is no point.If that's what you mean, then I apologise for being thick :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.Hmmm.....after re-reading your post, it seems that you ARE suggesting not to upgrade from perfectly working, older drivers.That would presumably make me a thickie. Duhhhh, am I stoopid ? :-lol

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png