Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stanner1953

FU III Why Use when FS9 Available?

Guest Allan_D

Robs,The piper on floats was built by Bill Lyons, and was just added as freeware for Cof, but I,m quite sure it'll also work in FS2K2, Do a power scearch in Library for Bill Lyons, (Cof) Planes.I haven't tried it in my 2K2 because I already have a nice little Piper Cub that I found on Don Mosers Alaska site, It was a FS2 Plane so you have to change a couple contact points to make it float in FS2K2. I could send you the revised cfg. for that one if you need itThat one has auto pilot and some other very neat goodies on the panellots of fun to fly, If you don't find either let me know and I'll set the direct links to both for you.Have Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest otter55

i spent years using fu2/3 and loved every minute.i changed over to fs2002 when it came out and never looked back. fs2004 is light years ahead of fs2004.the std flight models in 2004 are vastly improved. the default 172 flys very similar (low speed and all other speeds) to my real world c-172 which i like to fly daily.why do i fly the fs series instead of fu2/3?i prefer to spend a lot of my flightsim time in alaska.i prefer the clouds in fs2004 to the clouds in fu2/3in other words, personal preference.fs2004 is not a better sim than fu3, it is different.both sims have wonderfull plus' and both sims have their minus'.it comes down to "what are you looking for in a flight sim?"don

Yes, that is perhaps the kind of statement that I should have been making over the past couple of years. You are quite right. We all have different tastes when it comes to flight simulators. We all fly for different reasons.....and in different ways ;-)That is why the passing of Looking Glass Studios was a tragedy. I wanted a Flight Unlimited 4 so much that it still hurts to this day. What I really wanted was to be able to fly over the entire Hawaiian Island chain (including the Leeward Islands) rendered in high resolution, satellite mapped terrain textures (which is an area that LGS were considering for FU4). That would have been magnificent.....Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest otter55

another reason to hang onto fu2/3 is that after having downloaded every possible fs2002/2004 lake renegade that i can find, none even come close to the fu3 renegade (imho)don

Guest hoohah

Well, FU3 just has a certain charm about it. I like it because I actually "feel" the flying (although I've yet to have a smooth landing in the sim - MSFS has ruined me by being too forgiving...).And I don't use the ATC in FU3 much anymore - I prefer to fly VFR and radio-less. Plus the high-res scenery just blows my mind.But FU3 is really starting to show its age with the arrival of FS9.I am actually quite suprised at how well FS9 runs on my setup.Other than some of the default CFG values being totally screwed up in the TERRAIN section, I was able to get it set up to my liking in about 24 hrs (with the help of good AVSIM posts). There are clouds all over the place and the flight model seems "better" to me (not to mention turbulence is done alot better than before).