Sign in to follow this  
agtim

A Viewer for FLED Moving Ground Objects

This is a first beta version of my new MovObjViewer for FU3Place MovObjViewer.exe in the same folder with a movgrobj.dat file and execute it. click on the open movgrobj.dat button.now you can see the structure of the file with the models inside all arranged in a tree view.This is just a viewer ! you can't modify anything. Next step will include editing features :-) and also the structure of the .mod files used by FLED. Any suggestions ? :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

Hi agtim,Im stateing the obveas hear, just incace sumone is woundering whatthis tool can be used for in its preant form.Providing the package creater named the moving models in Fled,when he created a packag with new moving models,then this tool is very usefall in ditermining what new moving models hav been used in a package, and so he knows what models to incloodwith the packag when uplowding it on avsim.The same thing gos for new wav files being atatched to moving models.In fact its even beter for wav files bicous wav files can not be implimented in Fled without being named.Perhaps it has other uses too?Perhaps peopl can say what thay would like to use it for?A posibl improoment can be made hear?If there is mor than 17 moving objects in any one MOVGROBJ.DAT file,For instans, if there is 18 or mor then I can not see the last bit of info as it is off the botem of the screen!This is the situation regardles of wether its Expanded or Collapsed.Even with the vertical slideing bar on the right, I can not get to see all the information.Its bilow the botom of the screen!I hav the english vershon of FU3.I enclos a snap-shot of my moving object dialog box in Fled.The words and frases dont corispond exactly with the words and frasesused in agtim,s Moving Ground Objects Viewer!This could giv rize to confusion perhaps?The second smaller snap-shot is a question?What dus the blou and red simbl stand for?All in all, this looks like a promising tool.Thanks agtim,glidernut.:-wave

Guest glidernut

A suggestion,Sum wav files in sum packages drive me mad.At the moment, we can only atach wav files to moving models, notstashionery models. And to get rid of an anoing wav file in a package,we hav to delete that model.But if the model that the wav file is atached to is not named in Fled, then the only way to delete that model is to highlight themoving model with a clik of the mous, but if the model is mooving faster than 30/ms its almost imposiblto cach the little sod.It would be good if we could change the wav file that is atachedto a moving model useing your tool.Or add a wav file to a moving model that dont hav one.glidernut.:-wave

Hi Glidernut,Thanks for feedback :-)With the next editable version you can change the sound, but also copy / paste or insert a model, insert or delete path points.We have the same dialog text in FLED for German and US version.I just used speed instead of velocity...The ? pictures are unknown fields. No idea for what they are.The blue/red picture is a car triggering another car used for the tree tag of the trigger object and trigger distance.unfortunately most of this special function are not really working in FLED or during flight. This trigger function using another model is never used in the game and a test was negative. Same for the One-Way ticket, see your model on Lundy and also the sound settings for day, night... can be set, but are not used in the game :-(I will do a search mode that will make a list of all package, region, files and models with the used sound and mips ... This will help maintaining our model database. A new function will generate POI-file for each model. By just replacing this file you in the region folder you can localize all moving objects in a region a directly go there. Other possibility is generating Bookmarks for FLED. We will see. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm not sure I understand the moving model selection problem in FLED. Even if a model has no name, you can still select it. Open up the moving objects dialogue, then click on the white box, arrow keys to select up/down and even an unnamed object will still be selectable. Then you can open the dialogue box and change or delete the sound file.I tried out your little program, agtim, and it worked fine, giving a good tree view of Hans new UKS package without problems. Add some functionality and this will be a very helpful little tool.I have written a models browser, based on glidernut's models file, which allows you to search for models. There is no point in releasing it if you plan to include model searches in your final version. It would be better if all of these things could be done in one program, so I want to encourage you to do this. It may help scenery developers to search for similar models - which is how I use my program.What my little program does is very simple: - read glidernut's model file into a database,- list models, up to three keywords, author and size, and- allow keyword searches. Could you add this function to your program, maybe using the actual GEN and GENLITEMAPS directories so that the model listing automatically stays uptodate? RobD.

Yes you can select unnamed models with a click in the white, empty line and after loading you can give a name to the model. I have renamed all models of Glidernuts Lundy package.Later it will be possible to do it with my new tool.I inted to build such a model browser, searching on all places of the game building an exportable list as text or for EXCEL so each one can analyze the result his own way. Other export are as POI file for selected lost models or as MS-Access Database. I can provide a runtime version of MS-Access with the model database.Once we can handle the structure of the .mod files we can produce autogen like model generation.Currently there are a lot of unknown fields in the .mod files.Each placed models uses a fix block of 172 bytes.Movgrobj.dat is better known, but most function are obsolete. :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

>Even if a model has no name, you can still select it. >Yes you can select unnamed models with a click in the white, empty line and >after loading you can give a name to the model. I have renamed all models of >Glidernuts Lundy package.Thanks to both of yous.I lern a bit more every day.>Once we can handle the structure of the .mod files we can produce autogen like model generation.Jeeeess, what it is to hav branes.:-waveglidernut:-wave