Sign in to follow this  

Lost FU 3 with Direct X 9.... Now what?

Friends,I have not posted for a long long time... but I evidentally made a fatal mistake. I installed FS 2004 and it put Direct X 9 on my system. Now I seem to have lost the ability to use my favorite sim... FU-3. When I try to start it, it locks the whole computer with a black screen. I am pretty much a computer novice, but I have read that it is almost impossible to remove Direct X. Am I out of luck with the this system and FU-3? Is there any solution? Is there any work around?Thank you in advance.Blessings and Greetings from Indiana!

Hi Steve, I also haven't heard from you in a long time :-)I am not sure why FU3 isn't working on your PC, since it works perfectly well on mine.......and I also have DirectX 9 installed. Have you (as a last resort) considered uninstalling FU3, and then re-installing it ? This may be a rather drastic solution (and I am sure that other forum members will have alternatives to try first), but not having a working version of FU3 on your PC is unthinkable, particularly when I will be uploading my latest Seattle 2004 and SanFran 2004 packs to the FU3 file library in around two weeks ;-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am using an Asus GeForce 3 TI-200 V8200 ver.21.81a video card.It is using the original driver. I have downloaded, but not installed the latest Detonator driver from NVidia. Could it be that the old driver is not compatible with DX 9 in FU-3... I read just earlier on this forum that someone is using Direct X 9 successfully with FU-3.I can't even remember how to change the driver... its been 3 or 4 years since I have... any help would be greatly appreciated. I am signed up to subscribe to replies to this query. If you would like to either e-mail me or phone me...scbrown@galaxyinternet.net765-537-2278If you choose to call, leave a message on my voicemail as to the best time to call you back. I'd rather pay for the call myself anyway.I had the privilege of Beta Testing this awesome sim years ago, and I will need counseling if I can't get it going again. ;^)Take care and God Bless

Guest Robs

HiI too have direct x 9 working with FU3...but not as good a system.I have an older nvidia driver 3082 because this is most stable with my old geforce card (nearly 3 years!)You do remember that FU3 has to be patched ...perhaps some of the fs2004 has overwritten the patch etc...try rerunning the patch...else go for the install....Rob (who is continually mucking his system up!!!!)

Guest glidernut

Hi Steve Brown,Ny FU3 works just fine with Direct X 9.like Chris and Rob sergest, I would try the pach first, and if thatdont work then reinstall FU3 and then use the pach.If your video card is an NVIDIA, then you will need a Patch.Even if your video card is not an NVIDIA, its stil thort to be a goodthing to use the pach.There are three Patches, so be cairful to get the right one.There is littl or no diferance bitween the UK and US paches. [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fu3patch.exe&Author=&CatID=03aLGFU3 | This takes you to the US patch,][link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fu3depat.exe&Author=&CatID=03aLGFU3 ] This takes you to the Germany patch,Install FU3 ferst, and then click on the patch.I licke to put the patch in the maine Flight3 Folder, and then click on it.Cum back and let us know what you think of it.or if you hit any snags.PS, Iv just tryed to leev my number on your ansering masheen.But its a bilders merchants, and thay know of no Steve Brown !?!?glidernut.

Guest CaptRolo

Steve ; Do you have registry backups ?? probably not . You can go into dos and restore a previous ver of registry when your FU3 worked . But I would uninstall MS 2004 first . CaptRolo

Just parroting and confirming what others have said -- neither FS2004 nor the latest DirectX interferes with Flight Unlimited 3. There must be something else that has gone wrong here.Hans Petter