Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

PC Pilot cover CD

OK guys, can you let me know if you are interested in getting your FU3 upgrades included on the cover CD of PC Pilot, Issue 25 (due in October) ? I have just spoken with Mark Embleton on the phone, and he informs me that they are allocating plenty of space for FU3 add-ons, maybe as much as 80Mb. My two scenery packs will be included, and they are likely to occupy around 12Mb in total, so that leaves plenty of room for a few planes and other add-ons.So, if you are interested (and I know that several of you have already contacted Mark about this), then just let me know here. That will give Mark a better idea of how many files are on offer.Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. It looks like we have until at least the first week in September to provide him with the necessary files, so if you are keen to get your work included on the cover CD of an internationally distributed flight simulation magazine, then get working ! :-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Chris,just for your information: The new B747-400 package will have an total zip-file size of approx. 18...20MByte. I have all the recorded sound files now. Therefore I

Thanks for the info, Ansgar. It looks like Mark is keen to include stuff from yourself, Jon, Hans, myself, and probably one of Daniel's planes from the Unlimited Design website. Personally, I would have loved to see Steve's new panels on the CD also, but I have no idea how close they are to release....or if Steve is interested.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Huuuuu Chris.....,I just added the new inner cockpit sounds (incl. the engines!) - and they are very close to the original sound recordings now!If everybody will like it or not I can

Ansgar,Do you know if Steve would be interested in getting these panels included on the PC Pilot cover CD ? Mark obviously needs his direct permission before he can do anything.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Chris, I think so .... if he is not limited by his picture sources.I

Guest R_Driscoll

Again I repeat my offer of the Seattle model bases. I think you are in danger of presenting a biased view - that we can't match FS in scenery development. Surely any end-user would want to have access to the large number of models now available (more than double the initial release). And I suggest putting in the McChord and Grays AAF's as showcases. They're not the most recent, but they are still a major advance over the default scenery.

Guest glidernut

I second that.Its the new models that make FU3 a new sim.glidernut.:-wave

Robert,Many thanks for your suggestion. That sounds like an excellent idea. I have found your main Seattle model database (seamod.zip; 10,965K), and your Seattle night models database (seamodn.zip; 805K) in the FU3 file library. Can you tell me if there are SanFran equivalents ? These are quite large files, but I would like to be able to get them on the cover CD, since installing an 11Mb file from a CD is a lot less time consuming than downloading it !Since Mark Embleton has asked me to make one or two changes to the article, I will take the opportunity to mention these upgraded model databases.If you would like to get these packages included on the PC Pilot cover CD, then please send an e-mail to Mark at the following address:-mark@pcpilot.netHe simply needs direct permission from yourself to include the files.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Chris and glidernut! I would like you to include the Seattle databases, and I have emailed Mark about them, giving permission to include them. But I can't deliver on the SanFran databases. As you know they were a current project, but at present Sydney has been hit by a windstorm and at present I have no power. It would take me about a week to complete assembly and check databases for Sanfran AFTER I get power back (which is an unknown). So I suggest using the Seattle databases, and I will deliver the SanFran ones when they are ready and if its too late then its just my bad luck.And there is a certain Norwegian flight sim enthusiast who is jumping up and down in frustration because I was working on the LCA projct when I suddenly dropped off the grid - now he can't put in his new models (which he showed here a few days ago) because I've got the current working version. And I had just put in rotating cranes ...RobD.

Well I suggest as many FU3 upgrades as possible with this magazine space available.I hope not this will turn Mark Embleton spinning his head around :-outta I would suggest all models by Robert and Jonathan P. to be posted.This is very good addons for all kind of FU3 addons.Second I will suggest the new planes Dash-8, B-747,-Grumman Goose,-And the Big red aircraft to be released.If The Blanik project by Jon P. and Glidernut will be released in timeThis would be a super addon for all communities for simulation.and will be a "Must have file". This will give the FU-series the the new five stars!!! Also the new AI-planes by Ansgar.Today computers will handle this without problems.HMM- more space??The adventures/challenges made by MR. Steffen Shiedeck.They are very advanced and very well done.Higly reccomended.I also will reccomend addons by Hennie and our Polish friend Adams.Without this men we will never had the possibility to go so far without the source code.The two of them made A lot for every FU-simmer, and should be included.Well currently out of more suggestions.It is so many, and exellent work done for this sim, so it is hard to tell what to be the favotites.anyone else??Lars Peter.:-wave

My version of the new Baron Panel with the Hooter Air repaint is ready. What's the best way to get it to you?

Guest Stearman

>My version of the new Baron Panel with the Hooter Air repaint>is ready. What's the best way to get it to you?Hi Steve... any reason not to upload it here?Girlie question aside, I think the repaint is great.Thanks in advance,

Sorry for not responding Steve. I've been having major PC problems tonight. I had to format the hard disk and re-install everything. I still haven't installed FU3, and to be honest I'm scared ****less to even attempt it. I had enough trouble with multiple system shutdowns simply copying the contents of the CD's to temporary folders on the hard disk.Pathetic, isn't it ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. I sent you an e-mail.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png