Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

DH82

Guest qvdg

Thanks to help frm Jon and Ansgar I am progressing on the Tiger moth. Current problem is that when I mirror to including the other side (wings undecarraige etc) I exceed the limit in polycount (>2500 !). That is why the image only shows the left half. I will continue work on bringing this down to the 1900 limitCheers, QvdG

What we could achieve if one of our talented programmers could just get hold of the source code. Imagine a 10,000 polygon limit !Keep going Quentin. That fuselage is looking very much like a Tiger Moth now.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Looks great Quentin, well done! It might be half a plane, but you seem to have the full pilot already, just as well or he would have a splitting headache :-)I used to read Biggles books (I can admit that now), and got fascinated by WW1 craft for a while. I would love a Camel to fly, but apparently they were more dangerous to the pilot than to the enemy with uncontrollable performance in some attitudes. And you couldn't see anything forward - Chris would have kittens. I think a TigerMoth is better suited to my skill level. We are getting quite a collection of early planes now - the Eindecker, Red Baron, Pfeisler Storche (I think I've spelt that wrong - glidernut can fix it for me), what else? My spare backup hangar is overflowing onto the reserve emergency carpark (my hangar runneth over). As I said before, you guys are amazing.But I think I can still fit in one 747 somewhere between the Cherokee and Archer.RobD.

Yes, the Tigermoth is coming along well :-)One question though, how does it fly? As far as I know it's a much better airplane than the earlier biplanes as our stock Fokker "Red Baron". The earlier ones were total yaw machines that would turn a 360 left to go right (or, maybe the other way around) since they only turned well in one direction. I believe this one should fly more or less as a stable, predictable taildragger with quite pronounced aerobatic potentials. best regards,Hans Petter

Guest qvdg

Well in its current state it flies quite badly as it tends to bank to the right probably due to a lack of lift on that side ;-). To find out how it flies I recommend this article. http://www.pilotweb.co.uk/content/articles...le.aspx?id=2882 By the way I have ordered a comprehensive book on the Tigermoth in orer that so as to have all the material necessary to model it as it deserves. I have built the 3D model from the orginal 3 view plans which I found on the internet including the wing profile of (Clark YM-18 but we all know that ;-).As I get closer to a satisfactory 3D model I may need some help on cockpit design and texturingCheers, QvdG

Guest Stearman

Hi Quentin, I had no idea you or anyone were working on a Tiger Moth for FU3. This is a dream come true to me!!If only I could help in some way.You gifted guys will never cease amazing me... keep up this wonderful work, thanks in advance.