Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Ranger Creek

I have finally made a decision. Ranger Creek needs to be upgraded. I am not happy with the Seattle 2003 version of this airfield for a number of reasons:-1. The runway is (and always has been) incorrectly located.2. There is no taxiway parallel with the runway pavement in reality.3. It is extremely unlikely that there is an extensive amount of runway and taxiway lighting at this airfield.4. There are too many planes operating here.The problem here is that moving the runway model involves the ability to use FLED. This one aspect means that I will NOT be including this upgraded version of Ranger Creek in my SEATTLE 2004 pack. If you would like this upgraded version of the airfield when it is complete (and you know how to move the runway model in FLED), then I will certainly send it to you via e-mail. You only have to ask, and it shall be done :-)I will post some screenshots of the new Ranger Creek when it is done, to give you an idea of what it looks like.This should enable glidernut and Co. to taxi their motorgliders to the runway without snapping the wings off in the process ;-)The new version will encourage take-offs on runway 15, and landings on runway 33. However, it is possible that I will be adding one AI Renegade to the airfield. This would use runway 33 for landings and take-offs, so be aware of this.Finally, I would welcome some comments. Should I include any AI planes ? Do you think that runway edge lighting would be appropriate ? I do not intend to add any more lighting (taxiway edge, REIL etc), but should there be any lighting AT ALL ?This project is intended to make Ranger Creek look more like the real thing.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. The mass of trees that I have added will not be touched. After all, how can you improve on perfection :-lol

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

OK, here are three screenshots of my upgraded Ranger Creek. Remember that this will NOT be included in Seattle 2004, so if anyone wants it (and knows how to move the runway model in FLED), then just let me know.1. AI renegade parking area in the foreground, player parking area behind some trees, and the relocated runway (now in its correct position) in the distance.2. View of the tarmac from just beyond the runway 33 threshold.3. Another screenshot, clearly showing the new position of the runway, the player parking area in the foreground, and part of the tyre defined taxiway.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Looks great but what is this about "being able to move the runway in FLED"? If anyone could move anything in FLED I thought Chris Low was our man :-)best regards,Hans Petter

Hans,Actually, it would involve DELETING the existing runway model. The reason for this is that the Ranger Creek runway is a default model. Consequently, I cannot get rid of YOUR runway model. You need to do this yourself. The package adds a new runway (the same model) and all of the other bits and pieces (including the correct airfield designator for Ranger Creek....21W).I tried simply moving the existing runway model a bit further south at first, but this resulted in half of the model disappearing under an adjacent texture tile. You are very familiar with this one, Hans :-)Anyway, just let me know if you want the upgraded version. Since you are currently using FLED, you should have no difficulty removing the existing runway model. You would also need to remove the 6wa8 folder from your FLIGHT3/REGIONS/SEATTLE/AIRPORTS folder. This is because I deleted the entire airfield, and added the new one in the RANGER CREEK package itself. That was the only way that I could change the designator to 21W.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png