Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

My final B747-400 version V2.00 is uploaded to avsim !!...

Guest R_Driscoll

I've done my first flight in this amazing beast. Just sitting in the cockpit was incredible, looking around, trying to work out the switches. I couldn't figure out how to start the motors, and after a few tries used quick start. Later I realised I'd forgotten to switch on the avionics so no wonder! (checklists? documentation? what are they?) The scream of the engines spooling up was awesome. Once I got to the runway, it looked so tiny, sitting way up high above it in the cockpit it was like the Beaver taking off from Ranger's Ck - but I was on the Heathrow main runway! First flight went well - it turns beautifully, very graceful. Do you empty fuel from the wings first or the body? I don't think I've got any control over tank selection but of course that would affect roll-rate a bit. From outside, the cockpit is a vast improvement, looking in to the two high quality pilot models. Now I had better go read the manual!I mucked up the landing - I realised too late that eye level for a 747 means I have to aim a little longer down the track, and hit rather harder than I intended! Thanks thanks thanks Ansgar - this is the cream of the crop.RobD.

Rob.I did the same thing.I did a flight with this magnificent aircraft from Stansted to Plymouth cruising at 23000ft.Cleared to land at RW23 "hell brakes loose"Overspeed-stallwarnings all in one appeared on final and I had to restart the engines.The hit of the RW. was not good.- the fences got to be replacedand also the tiny hangar of "glidernut".The big bird stopped in the middle of the hangar.I can not thank Ansgar enought for this upgraded B-747.It is super!!This also goes for Jon for the Dash 8.-It is a masterpiece of work!!I will try again.It can be done landing at this airport without crashes!!Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest Ansgar

Uuuuups, it seems we have a few more B747-400 fan

Guest Quaxo

Hi Ansgar,My beechjet doesn't have the same problem, and neither did the previous 747. And it's not a problem with the joystick, because fron 50 to 100% the power DOES increase - and the n1 needles in the cockpit increase. It's just the sound which doesn't change pitch... Weird... Will experiment some more tonight!Cristian

Guest Ansgar

Hi Cristian,that sounds really curious because theres no changeover to another sound or something like that. After the engines startsound is finished it

Guest CaptRolo

Hi Ansgar; I wil be downloading it now . Many thanks for your wonderful addon and upgrades . You have spent considerable amount of time and expertise .Well What more to say -you BE the MAN !!!THANKS !!CaptRolo

Guest Quaxo

Hi Ansgar,I checked again: I still get the same problem. And my Beechjet is OK.But I noticed something strange: If I go to F9 view (the Flyby), and I have full throttle, then I get no doppler effect. When the aircraft zooms past me, I hear a constant-pitch sound.If I set my throttles at 50%, I hear the same hi-pitch sound while in F1-F5 view; but in F9 view, THEN I get a correct doppler effect. If I set the throttle between 50 and 100%, I get a "partial" doppler effect. Seems so strange to me. And it can't be a FU3 installation problem, because it happens in both my installs... And can't be the flt.cfg file, because I tried with a "clean" cfg file, and nothing changed.Any ideas, anyone? What can I try? I don't think it's a corrupt zip file, because the CRC was good. And I don't feel comfortable with downloading the file again... :-Cristian

Guest Ansgar

Hi Cristian,that sounds really curious!!!Sorry for asking that primitive, but often it

Guest Quaxo

Hi Ansgar,I actually HAD another B747_400.res file, but it was obviously overwritten when installing the new one. How could I have two different files with the same name in the same folder anyway? I just HOPE that's not possible at all! :-)I have the "shortened" version of the 747 though, but with a different filename.My system isn't so powerful, but not slow either - Athlon XP1600+ CPU, and 512 Mb of Ram. So, I don't think that's the problem.I'll do some more tests this evening, I'll try removing every plane except the 747 from the plnpile; and I'll try temporarily replacing the sound files with the Beechjet's ones, or something like that.Problems with pitching: I don't know, the sounds ARE actually pitched all the way, just in a non-linear way. It's more or less 2*pitch for throttle less than 50%, and maxpitch over 50%.Sound driver: I don't know, I never had any problems with my drivers, even though they're pretty old - I have a Yamaha 724 PCI soundcard, and Yamaha isn't updating the drivers since years now.Another thing I want to try: to install FU3 in my sister's PC, and see if there I get the same problem. Just in case it's a problem with my particular FU3 version...ThanksCristian

Guest Ansgar

Hello Cristian,during my development time I had somtimes curious effects after overwriting the same bird

Guest Quaxo

Hey - problem here - I checked the md5 of my file (even though with a different version of md5, but it should be the same, no?) and guess what? It does NOT match! Here's what I get: EFCF716BDCCEFE8B73AF84DF1960B1DFSeems like I will have to try downloading it again... Strange though, WinZip didn't complain about a corrupt file...Cristian

Guest CaptRolo

Ansgar; I flew virgin flight last night , Excellent ! After getting familiar with controls and switches She flys without a hitch. I took off from SJC ,tower didn't send me to runway 30 but to runway 29 . Of course I went to 30 right anyway . Flew north to 10,000 ft asked for ILS to SFO . Atc sent allaround and at different altitudes as far down as south county and back past SFO to pacific .. I used auto pilot all the way . On decent you can hear engines spooling down and if putting on speed brakes engines spool up to keep constant speed 240knts . very nice indeed . finally after an hour of circling got clearance to land- set appr- and speed to 185 knts . Finally at 300 ft went to manual , landed perfect , rev thrusters on--- slow to 70 and off to taxiway . I noticed there were no taxi lines though . She's big and needs a lot of room to turn. The flight was Supurb ,The B474-400 is an electronic genius I just turned knobs and settings.Many Thanks to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CaptRolo

Guest Quaxo

Ansgar,I have just downloaded again the file. Guess what? the md5 still doesn't match yours. It's the same checksum I had with my old file.So, either there's a damaged file in the library (but I don't think so, as no-one else reported my problem) or the people at Avsim have modified your original file (maybe to add the Avsim id.diz file or such). OR, we used different md5 programs which gave different results - but this is very unlikely. BTW, I tried two different checksum calculators, with the same results.So, I think I can assume I have the "official" file... :-Cristian