Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

My final B747-400 version V2.00 is uploaded to avsim !!...

Guest Quaxo

Hi Ansgar,Now I used the md5 program of your link - and it gave me the same result of my other programs (which is correct IMO, all md5 programs should give the same result). So, it seems that we don't have the same file. And I get the same result on both downloads I made.Can you try downloading the file from AVSIM, see what md5 you get, and see if the file works well?Cristian

Guest evansgg

Thankyou for such a brilliant plane. I enjoyed flying it very much.Gary

Guest Rich Wren

It's spanner in the works time.Way back when I uploaded the first beacons.fld file to Avsim, I received a similar email telling me the md5sum of the archive. I downloaded and ran the recommended md5 check software on my archive and got a different result to the one they emailed me with. Convinced that the archive was corrupted in the upload process I downloaded it from the server and ran the md5 sum on that. It actually came out with the right number that way.It was then that I'd found the avsim.diz file had been added to my archive (anyone know what this does?), thus completely changing the checksum. This is mentioned nowhere in the upload process so I was completely unaware that it might happen.In conclusion, if you ran an md5sum on your copy you uploaded then you will undoubtedly end up with a different checksum to Cristian.My downloaded copy of the archive b747-400_v2_00.zip has the following checksum:efcf716bdccefe8b73af84df1960b1dfHope this helps,Rich.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Rich,aggrrrrrrrr!!!! That unuseful avsim.diz file was the trick here :-(Absolutely logic from avsim to return then only one md5-sum to the uploaders! :-(Tom, I gave an good tip here to avsim: You should return two md5-sums to the uploaders here: one of the original and one of that file which downloaders would have!Thank you very much Rich helping to prevent us wasting our time to search for such illogical things like that annoying avsim.diz effects. ;-) :-)Nevertheless this doesn

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,I've just cranked the volume up on the speakers and wound the engines up and down to test the sound. Basically it doesn't matter whether I'm on the ground or in the air I get a smooth pitch increase from fan whine as the fan winds up all the way from rest to 102% N1. Thrust roar increases in volume smoothly too, becoming louder than the fan whine at about 60% N1. I get the same effect inside and outside the cockpit so it isn't that either.Performing the flyby on F9, I set it up to fly on autopilot alt/hdg hold with gear/flaps up, then played with the throttle. I got doppler shift on the engine pitch as expected all the way from idle to full power. Shutting the engines down (ctrl-E) in flight then left me with purely aerodynamic noise, this too had doppler effects as expected.If you can think of any other tests that may be of use just let me know.Cheers,Rich.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Rich,very good! Exactly that what I would like to know. ;-)I hope your neighbours didn

Guest jonpoint

Ansgar,I finally got to fly it - what a beast! I barely tickled it though - I only had time for a short flight at 1AM this morning!I checked the sounds - they are fine with me. I even hit F9 just as I was about to touch down and the shriek of the engines passing overhead was (almost) frightening! Maybe, there is a missing codec in someone's Windows. The IMA ADPCM codec is standard (used by 'Recorder' etc) but I thought 16bit PCM was also standard - maybe not? Remember I had some problems with the DC3 sounds when I went for the higher-quality wavefile settings?*** Developer's note: If you don't assign ANY sounds to the engines (i.e. put 'silent', 3 second wavefiles into Resviewer), you can never start the engines! FU3 relies on the sounds for synchronisation :-eek Don't believe it? Well, I did it on the Blanik. You can hit and get an engine (silent) but hitting does absolutely nothing! + still shuts it down though ;)As for the grounding registration, the 747 worked for my landing at PAE but, as you mention, there ARE some strange airport height settings around. For my GeeBee, I found that good landings didn't register but super-hard ones did. It wouldn't register at Sequim or Tacoma until I lowered it 'through' the ground. The Dash-8 also required some jiggling. I am convinced now that most FU3 aircraft have weird offsets. The Stemme is weird in this respect. The 3D model is 'tail-down' and the model has an offset that lowers it by 600mm! When I set the Blanik's CofG the same as the Stemme, it sat almost 1 metre in the air...Oh! And if you attempt to take the engine out of the Stemme it flies backwards :-lol:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Quaxo

Ok, so now I know I have the correct file. My md5 is exactly the same as Rich's. Thanks Rich! :-) Now I will concentrate (probably this weekend) on experimenting a little... Changing the sound files, or installing the file on my sister's pc. I hope we can work this out! :-)Cristian

Guest glidernut

BACKWARDS !?!?Thats OK, Im not fusy."Nouw where did I put them wing mirrers"..tunredilg

Guest Ansgar

Thank you B747 pilots, :-jumpyYes, she

Guest Rich Wren

Minor things really, but I thought I'd better see if you knew about them.1. The texture on the nosegear doors is mirrored. Easy enough to get around, I simply reflected the door texture in PSP and it came out OK. It would be nice if it was fixed though as it might save others some confusion.2. The winglet inner surfaces are both taken from the Right Inside corner of the winglet texture. This won't be a problem in 90% of cases as you can just block colour it. Unfortunately the Virgin scheme puts a Union Flag on both inside and outside surfaces so I'm pretty much screwed there.Would these glitches be easy to patch or is it too much hastle?The only other thing I've noticed through testing this girl is that the braking efficiency appears to be way less than the previous version. I can't hold her on takeoff power at the end of the runway, she moves on the park brake with anything more than 60% power. Admittedly I've never flown a 747 sim but I can't think of another aircraft that won't stay put under full power. Is this peculiar to the 747?Cheers,Rich.

Ansgar,That's all very well, but the new Virgin Atlantic colour scheme really does need those flags on the winglets ;-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Rich Wren

Cheers for the answers Ansgar,I figured you'd stick with what's available to save too much confusion. The gear doors aren't a problem as I said before, I think I'll just have to compromise and block colour the inboard surfaces of the winglets though. This isn't that much of a loss though as having examined the aircraft model a bit closer it'll be hard to determine any texture on them at all. At least now I have an authorative answer...Sorry Chris, you'll just have to pretend that the inside of the wingtips are painted the same as the outside. When I get there anyway :-)As for the braking efficiencies, is there no way to increase the static friction coefficient separately from the dynamic friction? That'd be the easy answer, but I'm sure you've already considered that.Cheers,Rich.