Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

Seattle 2004 -> FU3 doesn't work any more

Guest harry3

Hi!I've installed Chris' Seattle 2004. FU3 didn't work any more. I had to uninstall FU3. Everything was deleted, also Registry cleaned.Then I wanted to reinstall FU3, but it doesn't work any more :-(The installation always cancels at 30%(full install), with the file l1ajaa.cpd(disk 2, the blue one). After 5min. of doing nothing, the computer gives me an error: "CRC error...can copy file"Please don't say that today was my last hour in a cockpit of FU3. And all that just because I always want more and more add-ons. Regards,Harry

Harry,When you say that FU3 didn't work anymore, do you mean that it kep crashing to the desktop ? If so, did you try removing the upgrades ? The documentation clearly states that you should backup your AIRPORTS folder before installing anything. This is the folder that is likely to be significant, since removing individual airports also removes airport icons on the map (and this is the likely cause of any problems, due to the "airport icon limit" being exceeded).The problems after this seem to be connected to some kind of corrupted files. Do you use Windows XP or ME ? If so, have you tried SYSTEM RESTORE ? This may be able to restore everything to a time before you installed my packages.If you haven't tried this, then I suggest that you do so.Let me know how you get on.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Chris Low,I dont think Harry has had any problems with your Seattle 2004 package.I dont think Harry has even douwn loded your package.I think Harry is just useing you and this foram to knok FU3, and advertizehis owne goods at the same time.I wouldant mined so much if what he was advertizeing was werth having,but its not.Its not up to FU3 standards.I think Harry,s problem is that he is jelas.glidernut.

Well, I just installed the two sets of packages and the Seattle region crashed. Yes, I've got the outer terrain. Then I culled the two airports that Chris suggested and everything was fine. Harry has definitely gone overboard by uninstalling the entire sim ;( If he has problems reinstalling FU3 this indicates that some files weren't uninstalled properly. best regards,Hans Petter

Guest harry3

@glidernut: I don't have any comment for this. Maybe try reading my post once again from top to bottom, and then think about it, and then post some comments. Not the other way round.@all other: Thanks for the answer till now, didn't think that FU3 is as much active, 4 years after the release!All files were deleted(Flight3 folder in programs folder, start-programs-fu3 was also deleted, and with a Reg tool the Registry was cleaned).But the problem is that the installation always cancels with a specific file. But I also don't think that the disk is corrupted. I've tried system restore, but it seams as Windows doesn't work well if it must restore such big programms(FU3 was some gB big, I think). E.g, the file panel.res was always missing.I also tried to copy all files onto the harddisk first, and then install from there, but DISK to is unable to copy this l1ajaa.*@Chris: Yesterday, I was very angry because I tried installing FU3 abut 5 times, and so I just wrote down that the problem is because I install every add-on. I didn't mean that your add-on is bad!!!! If your add-on(s) would be bad, I wouldn't have downloaded it(them) ;-) Regards,Harri

Guest harry3

FU3 is now succesfully installed, with "typical" install, because this installation doesn't need disk 2. Is there a way to manually upgrade to full install, because I hate it to change disks all the time!If possible could somebody tell me where to copy the contents of disk 2 to? Best regards,Harry

Guest Quaxo

Harry, yes, it's possible to convert to full install. I'm at work and can't check now, but I think that you should create a folder on your HD (I think the name is not important) and copy all the hi-res maps from the cd inside that folder; then edit the config file for the region (I think it's /regions/Seattle/region.cfg but I'm not sure now) to point to the newly created map folder.If you want more specific info, I'll post again this evening from home!Cristian

John,Come on, how did you work that out from his comments ? I am convinced that he has downloaded Seattle 2004, since he e-mailed me directly regarding his problems. I really don't think that slagging off his FS2002/FS2004 work is the way to solve this, either.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hans,Your words are very encouraging to me. I am very glad that my suggestions with respect to users who have the outer terrain scenery installed have worked for you. That's fantastic !What do you think of the new upgrades ? Have you tried the new Ranger Creek package that I sent you ?Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. You may like to know that I have asked for the Seattle 2004 and 2004 Update packages to be removed from the FU3 file library. This has been done for reasons that I am not about to state here, but it is possible that you might be aware of the situation.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Harri,Don't worry, I don't mind you being frustrated. That is perfectly understandable. I would feel the same way. However, I am sure that we can work together to get my packages working properly on your system, so if you would like to provide more details by e-mailing me, then I would be only too happy to help.With respect to System Restore, what problems are you having ? I had a situation a few months whereby using this completely messed up my system, resulting in a hard disk format, and a complete re-install :-eek This shouldn't happen, but I suspect that it had everything to do with the "poke around in the registry" that I had done a short time before :-) In other words, I am wondering if something has corrupted your Windows registry in the recent past. This may well cause problems for System Restore.Anyway, just let me know. I can guide you through the Seattle 2004 install procedure step-by-step, particularly with respect to the AIRPORTS folder (which is likely to be the cause of the problem).Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. I have just had a thought. You mentioned that you want more and more add-ons. This leads me to deduce that you probably have other airport add-ons installed. Am I correct ? This is one of those situations where I can be fairly criticised for not having thought things through properly, which is why I have had my Seattle 2004 pack removed from the library. I didn't make it clear that my packs are intended to be used ON THEIR OWN, since they are basically complete region upgrades. That was my mistake, not yours ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I just checked the configuration file in my full installation of FU3.The region.cfg starts out with:reg_name Seattle-Tacoma Metropolitan Areareg_cd_path e:flight simulatorsFU3cdromseattlemapsreg_cd_levels 2reg_terrain_disk_name Flight Unlimited III Scenery Disk 1Thus, it's supposed to be, reg_cd_path drive letter:your main FU3 foldercdromseattlemapsObviously you need to create a folder named cdrom with subfolders seattle and maps to use this path. Hans Petter

Guest harry3

I'm not advertising my TBM700 in the FU3 Forum, because it wouldn't make any sense as it is for MSFS :-lol About the "FU3 standards": You never can compare MSFS and FU3. Those two sims are differnt like day and night. I like flying in FU3 with worst case weather scenarios, go thunderstorm hunting with my Cessna 182 SCH, having fun with aerobatic. My eys are more looking outside of the panel than onto the panel's instruments. It's like real flying with small airplanes, because where I'm flying in real(Austria-alps), there are very much mountains and it's a bit similar to Seatlle's mountains. And one more thing about FU3: I hardly ever use the Autopilot, even if the AP is well programmed. But flying by hand makes too much fun!When I fly with FS2002/2004, I'm more looking on instruments, the aircrafts are mostly flown by A/P, even the little one's. I mostly fly a bit bigger planes(like King Air or my TBM700).I once was a big enemy of MSFS, but by the time, I've learnt, that every sim has some good and some bad things, and when you take the right sim for every situation, you have much more fun than just with one.So much about glidernuts post. Keeping a bit more cool would be nice.Regards,Harry :-)

Guest harry3

I copied all map files to the CDROM folder and registered it in FU3's region.cfg, but FU3 is asking for the CD(I've tried at Sanderson Field). Following files have an error, you can't open them and can't copy them. Maybe thats the problem? I've made those 3 files in the map folder(0kb files), but those also didn't help anything. But FU3 also throws the message that I should put in disk 2 if it is already in. l1ajaa.cpdl0acah.cpdl2ajaa.cpdreg_name Seattle-Tacoma Metropolitan Areareg_cd_path C:ProgrammeFlight3CDROMseattlemapsreg_cd_levels 2reg_terrain_disk_name Flight Unlimited III Szenario-CD (CD 2)reg_icon sanfran.gifreg_north 1.27409035reg_utm_zone 10reg_utm_offset 480905.14 5177413.47reg_width 10reg_height 10reg_airport seareg_sealevel 109reg_timezone -8I think it's the best if I take disk2 of a friend and make a copy of it for me, because my disk doesn't seam to work any more.Regards,Harri

Guest Ansgar

Hello Harri,I agree to your last toughts. If you doesn

Guest Quaxo

Another way of recovering data from a corrupt (or scratched) cd, is to use Isobuster (a freeware utility). This is very powerful, and even if it's not magic, it can recover a lot of bad scenarios. I know of people who could recover data from a CRACKED cd with it!Cristian