Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

Region cgf.files??

Hello all!I have moved the UK-region to my XP-computer, and some problems came up.I have a lot of UK-SEA problems with the outer terrain installed, and I can not start flights from the seattle region.Whatever I do, the sim put me in the middle of the outer region.(mostly Gran Canyon W,-maybe I will move there in the end.).I have also tried to change the Towerfreq. at southampton to 119.30 to avoid clash with seattle approach.I have also looked through the installed O.T airports to avoid freq.conflicts.The only thing I can do, is to move the outer region cfg.file out of the sim when flying in UK.Then everything is OK.That said,- I also have to move the UK-region cfg.file out, if I want to fly in seattle region.Do I have to live with this, or is there some easy fix for this problem??Thanks.Lars Peter. :-hmmm

The easy fix is to do what I did -- my UK south version of FU III is a totally separate sim :-)Just make a copy of your entire instance of FU III (preferably without the outer terrain but you can just ignore it). Rename it into FU3_UK south.Install UK south in this one and delete anything pertaining to Seattle and SanFran. Yes, there's only one region, namely UK south.best regards (or, vennlig hilsen in your case :-))Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

It can be done with one installation. There are the three regions, SanFranSeattleUK-Southas subfolders in your regions directory. Create a BACKUP directory. If you want to fly in Seattle, cut the UK-South from REGIONS to your BACKUP (cutting is very quick - copying is slow). If you want to fly in UK-South, cut Seattle from REGIONS to your BACKUP, and cut the UK-South back to your REGIONS folder. Quick and simple and works on my machine. If you want to fly in San Fran, it doesn't matter which of the other two are also in REGIONS. But Seattle is better because then you can fly from San Fran to Seattle, in your new 747 :9 RobD.