Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Latest High Detail AI Pack Upgrade

I have attached two screenshots showing another superb development for the High Detail AI Pack. Ansgar has reworked the model for the Beechjet, and created a high detail Citation jet with a red colour scheme. As you can see from the pictures, this is very impressive :-) The Beechjet itself has also been upgraded, and it now looks just as good as the flyable version.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This is looking very good.If this is comfortable work for the experts on this, I would like to see some more of this.For example the default C-130 AI has the same jet-engines as the Boeing-aircrafts. In real life I have not seen one with this type of engines.(only with JAT take off rockets mounted on the fuselage)The AI upgrades is super addons!!Thanks.Lars Peter.:-wave

Lars,The engines on the default AI C130 planes don't SOUND like jet engines, but I agree that the more high detail AI planes that we can get introduced into FU3, the better. I am looking forward to the day when we can see high detail versions of Concorde and the Beechcraft Starship (which looks rubbish at the moment), and maybe even the KingAir 350 and Ansgar's DC3. To be honest, an AI version of Ansgar's Airbus A400M military transport plane (flyable version due for release in 2010 :-) ) would be a great replacement for the existing C130.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Speaking about the Concorde.Did you know during the "Live aid consert" in 1985 there was set anew world record.Phil Collins performed at the same consert both from Wembley stadionand Philadelphia US.Because of some misunderstandings during this direct TV-productionhe had to travel fast.How??Using the Concorde flight!!I regret to see this majestetic aircraft dissappear from the sky.An important part of aviation history is over.Lars Peter.

I was watching the cricket match between England and South Africa yesterday. Suddenly, the crowd started cheering. Why ? Because Concorde was flying over the cricket ground.I personally think that retiring Concorde is a MASSIVE mistake. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, Airbus don't want to provide maintenance for just one airline. So what ? Qinetiq have actually offered to provide maintenance for the plane, if it could be kept flying (and by that, I mean with Virgin Atlantic).It seems that Concorde's flying days are over because BA says that they are. Until I hear that Richard Branson's efforts were only a publicity stunt (and I don't believe that for one minute), then I will always say that taking Concorde from the skies (where it should be, not in some dusty old museums) is one of the great tragedies of the aviation world.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello together,that HQ Beechjet+Citation is only a "quick update" and doesn

Ansgar,Yes, I forgot about the Dash 8. That is definitely the type of plane that I would liuke to see in AI form, particularly since Horizon Air fly a lot of these in and out of SeaTac International. Well, they do if my Just Planes video from 1998 is anything to go by :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Andy,Thanks for that. I rather suspected that this had more to do with politics than anything else. The entire situation is a disgrace. If Airbus cannot be bothered to maintain the aircraft in the future, then they should have the decency to allow another company to take this on. Why the hell should we let the likes of Air France and Airbus dictate whether we carry on flying Concorde or not ?One of the greatest aircraft that the world has ever seen is relegated to nothing more than a museum exhibit. What a wonderful way to pay our respects to a magnificent aircraft. Thanks Air France. Thanks Airbus. We really owe you one.Now, where is that order book ? Ahh yes, there it is. Sorry ? Oh, you've found the telephone number of Boeing in Seattle ? Great. It's about time that we renewed some of our fleet, and Boeing appears to be the only choice that we have left.........Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest xoio

Itneresting as well, thinking about Chris's jibe above.... BA aren't really Airbus fans are they??? .. Makes you wonder, that if BA had bought Airbus, ie 'sucked up more', Airbus would be more... 'supportive' of BA & her Concordes, irespective of Air frances decision to retire.What really takes the P*ss though is that Airbus only 'aquired' there concorde knowledge when they bought Aero-spastic-helle. So to not hand over the 'rights' to 'support' an aircraft they had no hand in developing in the first place, really insults!, especially when British engineer counterparts are vetowed by unseen powers, when offering to take on the support, through a potential uk company.I think it's overdue that the British government stepped in, to pressure Airburst to hand over all they know ('aquired'), as well as the type certification, to allow another 'british' company to take over the support of concorde. Afterall, the British TAXPAYER fed via the government at the time, over a Billion pounds into the developemt of the concorde!!!That means in my book that we partly own her!!! .. So who the HELL do the french think they are deciding the fate of something that didn't fully create??? Another example of their pompous arrogance!Al