Sign in to follow this  
agtim

FLEDViewer first Beta version as test

This is a first beta version of my new FLEDViewer for FU3Place this program in the top of your package folder or in any other folder you want. Start FLEDViewer and click on open m0xxzz.mod file button. In the file selection dialog choose a mod file open it then click in the tree area.now you can see the structure of the file with the models inside all arranged in a tree view.This is just a viewer ! you can't modify anything. You can export the model information of the mod file as an txt file with tab separator ready for EXCEL-import or MS-Access. the first line is the field names. Using EXCEL or ACCESS you can now analyze and search / count / manage model placements in the megatiles. :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

Hi agtim,You viewer is such that I can never see all of the models listed.Unles its a very small mod file indead, then ther is always sum models off thebotom of the screen that I can never get to see.Unfortunatly I dont hav EXCEL or MS-Access, so I carnt chek out the info.But your viewer dus giv me the number of models in the package,thats useful.glidernut.:-wave

Hi Glidernut,just the number is not a lot :-(You can look at the generated file it is a text file where each filed has a tab as delimiter. It is usable for other tabeling programs too.may be you have staroffice.Is the window vertical length to long for your screen ?which resolution are you using ?I will post a new version 1.1 then when you try to open Heatrow, Gatwick or Stansted it crashes - to many runway elements.version 1.1 is ok for all but same Window size. :-wave agtim

Version 1.1 can load large mod files as Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted...The runway marker ts_a, ts_b... was not formatted the right way.The generated export file is a tab separated text file. If you don't own EXCEL or ACCESS you can look on it using any text editor also.Staroffice products are usable also. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

You have no idea how much work you are saving me here agtim. Before uploading a package I could spend a whole evening just checking models. Then checking again, and still missing some. Your little program could save me hours of work! Thank you thank you!!

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, I've tried it out. it is very elegant, and easy to use. A couple of comments:1) can you make the main window and the memo window resizeable by the user? I couldn't read to the bottom of the file, and I would want to change its size anyway so that I can refer to it while working in FLED.2) some items were incorrectly identified as runways in the UKS package, especially items like beach2, grass4, grass5 which are all flat to the ground models.3) can you add a search tool? (find model in list)4) icons are clear and good choices.5) first question marked item - may be a horizontal size of a model. But the two unknown items are not x-size and y-size - I checked with some of my models.Thanks,RobD.

Guest jonpoint

Thanks for this, Andre!I am having a devil of a time finding rogue models in a package I'm about to upload. I had created lots of 'interim' model versions, many of which I won't be uploading so this will help greatly.As to RobD's suggestions, he's always right (ask his students - but not his Wife!) and I can say I'd love to be able to 'see' the sizes of objects, preferably BEFORE I place my 50m long buses into the Seattle scenery! The info is in the binfiles - if we can access it. A search tool (that works in the gen folder) would also be very useful as the one in FLED only seems to look in the modelmip.tag file :-(Again, thankyou very much for taking our favourite sim ever further :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Agtim,>Is the window vertical length to long for your screen ? Yes.O, my desk top reserloution, I forgot that.I was in 800 by 600, but now Iv gon up to 1024-768. Its much beter. To see all of the info in your FledViewer dialog box, I hav to go as high as1152-864, which is too high for me to be at permanantly, bicous the folder namsesat 1152-864 are too small for me to read, and I also looz my task bar, wich isa bit disconserting.But now I know I can allways go up to 1152-864 tempereraly too see use yourFledViewer and other programs properly, thats OK. And O, yes, I can look at the generated file, it is a text file, and I can seeall the info. Theres a lot of it.Nouw I understand why I need to use EXCEL or sumthing like it.Its to get all the info organized!You are doing wunderfull things Agtim, keep it up.Glidernut still lerning.:-wave

Guest Ansgar

Hello Andre,I also tested it and it works for me properly. Sure I

Hi Robert,Thanks for feedback, I am working on a large screen an forget often to resize the application window to normal user screen sizes.Happy to help package builder to create more and more excellent sceneries for FU3.I think this will help in situation like Seattle / San Francisco 2004 Package problems also.I will load a short window version. Synchronizing Treeview and client window is not easily supported in C++ and so I just reduce it but it is still fix in size. There is just item sorting support possible, but TreeView changes are slow and the sorting and filtering possibilities using the exported file and EXCEL or ACCESS are near unlimited .You can import all files of a region in one database and then make a list based on object name and location , filename and even package name using the information of the path field.All question marks indicates unknown value / parameter , the are bounding box infos in the data structure but actually the usage is not clear. Actually I am not sure if the indicated position are always the correct one. Some objects have more than one position and until now the rotation parameter was not found.The runway type is used even for car park , their data have another structure and size than the normal objects. Actually the named runway elements values are unknown to me. They exist for runway and grass area or any area but no idea why there is a difference between a building and a flat rectangle in the FLED coding. :-wave agtim

Hi to all users and package builder and thanks for the positive feedback. Here is the shortened version as v1.2 still under construction...:-wave agtim