Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

My newest creation in progress: "The Concorde" !

Guest Ansgar

Hello together,are there some here around which are a little bit "high-speed interested", and that with an absolute beauty in the sky???OK, then it

Ansgar,Wow, that is looking amazing. You have the shape nailed already ! You even seem to have accurately modelled the slight flex on the outer part of the wing. I am going to love flying that plane when it's finished. Those engines also look awesome. Do you think that we will be able to get some kind of special effects generated, so that the afterburners can be simulated ? That would be awesome !Still, who cares what we can do when you are the person building it ? I know that it will be the best rendition of Concorde that is possible in FU3. I am really surprised that you have got this far so quickly. You must have been working very hard :-jumpyI have two airport videos with Concorde on them, but these will probably not be much use for engine sound effects (although the one at Manchester is a take-off past the camera). However, I know that there is a 5 hour DVD set of Concorde available that will very likely have a HUGE amount of useful information on it. I will get some information on this, and then let you know. If it would help make the best possible Concorde for FU3, I would be prepared to buy this DVD and send it to you.I should be able to e-mail you later tonight with some more information.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Chris,I wondered myself about this fast progressing. But that bird isn

Ansgar,The DVD that I was referring to is available from Intelligent Television and Video Ltd. The website address is www.itvv.co.uk. The information on the site is not clear regarding the finer details of the DVD, but I may well phone them tomorrow to see if they can give me a better idea regarding the contents.I wasn't suggesting that your quick development so far indicated that the plane would be released any time soon ! I am well aware of just how much time and work is involved, so I don't expect to be flying it in 2003. Having said that, the possibility of an AI version in a month or so is excellent news.Best Wishes,Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

>The concrete plans of their airlines to retire all Concordes>are the main intension for me to hurry up here a bit to>develop the "Best flyable freeware Concorde" available at an>good simulator like FU3! ;-) :-)Hi Ansgar, as I told you in the chat, this is a dream come true for me. More than any of your previous works, if I can be completely sincere. Any concrete plans re liveries yet?Once again, thank you very much for keeping FU3 alive.Best regards!!

Yes, this looks like the shape of a Concorde! If you don't copy Microsoft in any obvious way their FS 2000 Concorde may provide some good reference to the cockpit. As an aside, the concorde.gau (a multiple gauge for various panel instruments) has survived two version of the MS Flight Simulator. Freeware developers use elements of this gauge to create realistic instruments (ADI in particular) for other jets.Regarding sound I wouldn't expect too much engine noise within the flightdeck. We've discussed this for the 747 -- there's a terrific engine noise outside and precious little inside.One thing, is there a way to implement the "pivoting" nose cone? As you know, the Concorde tilts the entire cockpit down for taxiing, take-offs and landings.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Ansgar,Excellent work! I luuuuurve the Concorde!Hans-Petter,The nose cone can be part of the landing gear so it's OK. From the cockpit side, the effects can be done using new bitmaps for the landing gear lever/knob. The only issue is that it would appear to open and close rather quickly from inside!Congrats again, Ansgar :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Ooooow, another big jet, and what a jet, non other than the pried of the fleet.This will bring a good deal of presteege to FU3, just as it did to the UKand France.I can just see it now, flying over the UK-South, Ooooooooooow.glidernut, wishing you every sukses.

Daniel,I'm going to stick my neck out here and suggest the following two colour schemes:-BRITISH AIRWAYSAIR FRANCE:-)Mind you, I would very much like to see the BA paint scheme from several years ago (the one before the current one). Personally, I think that Concorde suited that livery more than it does the current one. In particular, the red lines on the tail in the current version are too close together. They really needed to be spread out over the entire tailfin, rather than being "squashed together" like they are.Still, we could always have both !Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I suspected that this would be the PEPSI colour scheme, Cristian.By the way, will anyone be bold enough to provide the new Virgin Atlantic colour scheme ? :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest andy9164

Ansgar,When I first joined the forum I posted about Concorde being retired from service and how nice it would be to have one for FU3. You are making a dream come true for so many of the people here.Please keep up the great work and even if the airlines refuse to fly her, we will never loose the ability to see her take off from Heathrow, a sight I have enjoyed many times.Andy

Guest Quaxo

Andy,"the ability to see her take off from Heathrow, a sight I have enjoyed many times"... Lucky you! Last time I went to UK (last August) I went to Heathrow just to see the Concorde... Bad luck though. I missed the afternoon landing (wrong wind) but the wind was good to see the take-off... Guess what... The wind changed just minutes before the takeoff!!! And she took off the other way. :-( I could only see her taxiing... Great sight anyway. But I wish I could hear the engines' noise... Too bad I won't have another chance... :-(Cristian