Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr Frizbee

Is there a better BAe 146 outthere?

Guest Mr Frizbee

Does anyone know if there is a more upto date version of the BAe 146 for download? The one I have has the ILS, but the skin doesn't look very good - although full marks to the person who to time to make it in the first place.

As far as I know the BAe 146 is an old Bazza model -- outstanding by yesteryear's standards but a bit long in tooth by today's standards. Maybe Ansgar or Jon could be nudged in this direction ? :-)best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Rich Wren

Hi there,I had a quick look at the 3D model about four months back as I too felt it didn't quite do the aircraft justice. What I found though was that Capt Bazza et al. had used pretty much the entire polygon budget in the model, so in order to smooth out the corners on the engines etc, you'd have to end up deleting polygons elsewhere. One obvious candidate is the flap actuator housings under the wings, the 747 looks fine without them. The other thing that would greatly enhance the 3D model would be to increase the engine pod size, I know they're not exactly large on the real aircraft but I think they look a little too small on the model.The flight model seems to me to be surprisingly close to the 'real thing' in that it has very similar performance to the 146 sim I was working on at the time. Possibly the only thing I'd change would be to increase the roll rate but that's a minor problem.As for the livery, repainting aircraft has to be one of the easiest things you can do to modify FU3. If you want to see a particular colour scheme represented then I or several others can certainly help you out in creating it.Cheers,Rich.