Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

Creating Gauges

Guest harry3

Hi!Is there a way to program new gauges as it is possible in MSFS?I know that you can edit the bitmaps with a panel tool for FU3.But how to create a new gauge?Regards,Harry

Guest glidernut

harry3,Yes it is possible to program sum of the instrements, but not all of them.By programing I meen the direction of mooment of a needl, and how far the needl should moov, and when and wair the needl should start and stop.But we only hav about 50 peramiters that a nedel will indicate.If you want a needl to indicate a peramiter that is not in FU3, then your stuk.And yes your right, all the needels and gauges and instrements can be anysize shape or culer you like.You dont hav to use a fotograf, you can make one your self, or borow onefrom another aircraft.>But how to create a new gauge?You dont.You can only choos one from about 50 instements in the panel tools libreryand modifie its moovment to what you want. Glidernut.Thats not the glidernut that sed sumthing nasty the othe day.That was the other glidernut.Any way, thats my story, and Im stiking to it.

Guest harry3

Thanks for the answer! So its more or less impossible to create new gauges with much functions? Is it possible to extract gauges from one panel and then put into an other panel. Are things like that the Beechjet EFIS gets dark when Battery is off also an option for other gauges? I would have liked to create a new EADI for the great FU3 King Air, with things like ASI, LOC, GS, ... on it, as I've also programmed this gauge for FS02. Would I have to built this gauge via the panel studio of FU3?( I know that its possible to there). But I just can use images that are already in the .res file. If I draw a costum bitmap, how can I then use it in the panel editor? I think that I first have to put the bitmap first into the .res file, but how to? I couldn't find any function in ResViewer!Maybe somebody could give me some hints, so that I can try to make a new Gauge on the weekend.Regards,Harry :-wave

Guest Ansgar

Hello Harry,the "one and only" tool you need to work at the cockpit and it

Guest TFT1

Hi Ansgar,could you send me also that update for the CPD and the info for that.Have allways problems to modify the community-made aircraft, like the Dash or king air.In the CD it takes the choosen instrument, and on building the res it stalls. :-hmmm SincerelyTFT

Guest Ansgar

Hi TFT,send me an private mail (adress is in every readme.txt of my planes) and I return you the last version of CPD I have.Best regardsAnsgar