Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

England & Wales VFR Scenery for X-Plane Announced...

Guest cornclose

Good evening fellow FU3'ers.I've been a little absent from the FU3 scene recently, mainly because I've been working hard developing, in association with Getmapping plc, the England & Wales VFR Scenery for X-Plane (you may have noticed the announcement on the avsim front page yesterday).This is an exciting project and obviously I'd like to generate as much interest as I can, so this is just a 'heads up' for anyone who might take an interest.My last FU3 project was to improve the weather systems and sky images, which I have put on hold, but I must stress that this is a temporary situation. After Christmas, I'll have more time, and will continue with this project.Many thanks

Guest Ansgar

Hello cornclose,I asked in your older "weather improvement thread" a few weeks ago about the act. status, and heard nothing. First I thought that it was just a "joke" from you. OK, now we hear that you work for X-plane

Very interesting (the UK scenery). When will it be released and what will the pricing be like (if you are allowed to answer that...)?I ordered X-Plane this weekend, because the special offers (half off) was still on but only for one more day), and the US$ is very low compared to the currency where I live, so in the end, I paid LESS for the X-Plane package than I did for FS2004. I've been interested in X-Plane before but at $100+ and with the high cost of the US$, it was too expensive.I've been so frustrated with FS2004 lately, and I've been playing FU since '97 so I just wanted to try something new, even if it's not exactly what I'm looking for (fun GA sim with realistic scenery and ATC...).

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Cornclose!I agree with Jimmie with his notes.A great sim is an interactive "game" that will put you into a situation that you have created yourself.I have tried the most of flightsims that is available on the market,but have not found anything like the L.G series.If there is some chance to get more high res. scenery to this simulator. it would be great.Is it a posibble action to do this for the FU3??If this will be another 8GB of my HD.I will be happy!If another upgrade of scenery for this sim is possible without toomutch cost,- go for it!!Best regards.Lars Peter.:-wave

Hmm I wonder if it would be possible to export the FU3 scenery into X-Plane. Will have to look into that when I get the sim ;)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest cornclose

>>OK, now we hear that you work for X-plane

Ansgar,One or two of the screenshots that are shown during FU3 installation seems to indicate that the weather (and variety of cloud models) was intended to be more varied and realistic than that actually delivered. In particular, a screenshot that shows the Beechjet from behind also shows some clouds that do not look like anything that I have seen in FU3. Maybe this was something that they didn't have time to properly implement, due to EA being so kind and generous with respect to the release date :-erks I too am interested in the UK scenery for X-Plane, since the rather poor graphics were the major problem as far as this flight simulator is concerned. The flight models are supposedly based on realistic physics, and it is significant that I could control the 747 in the X-Plane 6 demo when I briefly tested it a while ago. Unfortunately, the graphics were nowhere near good enough for my liking. Maybe this VFR Photographic scenery (combined with the new, accurate terrain elevation model) will solve this problem. Obviously, it would be nice to have detailed airports and solid ATC also.I will be keeping my eye on this one.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, I'm interested in X-plane too. (Don't worry, I'm "multi-simual" already and won't leave FU3). One problem for some of us is that X-Plane doesn't support Voodoo video cards. The problem is that while the 3D screen looks fine I can't access any menus since the mouse cursor doesn't display.Chris, you mentioned "rather poor graphics" referring to "this" simulator. It looks like you're saying that the FU3 UK scenery is rather poor and that's why you're hoping for a better one in X-plane. Or, are you saying that you've avoided X-plane until now since its scenery leaves a lot be desired? best regards,Hans Petter