Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcreeves2000

Hello and Good News!

Guest dcreeves2000

Hello all,Just like to introduce myself, I'm a Brit who has been playing FU1 2 and 3 for years and finally got around to doing some editing! I tried out the UKS scenery recently and didn't find either of my home towns, Birmingham or Cambridge. So I made the extra scenery! (see attached picture)I have also added a LOT of airport definitions for all of the active airfields I could find in the main scenery, and some fully functional airports in the new area (Birmingham, Cambridge and Coventry).More to come soon when it's all done...Davehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/39791.jpg

Guest Robert_S

Dave,Welcome to the Flight Unlimited forum! :-waveI'm quite surprised that others haven't greeted you yet, as this is a very warm group of folks here. Maybe it's nap time. ;-)Make yourself comfortable, I'm sure they'll all wake up. :-lol[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest jonpoint

Dave,Welcome along to our happy group ;) I too was a 'late starter' with Avsim but I have gone from a newbie to releasing aircraft, models and sceneries in a very short time!If you need anything regarding models or aircraft, give me a holler. I'm sure you'll bump into a lot of nice folk here.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Dave,>Maybe I can post you a screenshot to whet your appetite!Ye that would be good. Evan thow I only liv about 3 mils Est of Birmingham Airport, Ivnever seen it from the air.Thats me in Seldon, where the coventry road splits into 2 for a short distace.Thats Birmingham Airport on the right.See snap of map.glidernut.:-wave

Guest dcreeves2000

Hi,Here are a couple of shots from my new scenery. It's still at an early stage as I need to fix elevation, extra scenery, and finish up the airport models etc. I'm going to post it as soon as possible, but only when I've got it in good condition e.g. the pic of birmingham airport shows birmingham city centre in the background but also I'm missing a few tiles to even out the horizon there. CheersDaveBirmingham Airport (EGBB) with city behindhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/40381.jpgGlidernut's neighbourhoodhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/40382.jpg

Nice continuation of our big square :-)I have now the full set from Cambridge to the East and to the north until end of region, working on elevation nowso do not waste your time on working megatilesBRAX to BRBF, BSAX to BSBF and all east of then they are all existing and ready.still missing megatiles are on the west of BRxxglad to meet our new megatile builder :-)) :-wave agtim

Guest dcreeves2000

Indeed it is great news! It's lucky that only 2/21 of my tiles overlap with yours. I hope we end up aligning nicely ;) I was hoping we could get together and coordinate a bit on all of this...Thanks to you Andre for your fantastic tutorials and programs which made this possible for me, and to everyone else for the warm welcome!CheersDavid

Guest qvdg

Welcome David and thanks for your contribution. Its great to see the Megatile production business is back online. Hopefully in the not too distant future we will be able to explore the new terrain at hedge level in a vintage Tiger-MothCheers, QvdG

Hello Dave.Welcome into the Best internet forum.You will meet people here with great humor and a great love for flighsims.(and racing-sims,-I am also doing this a lot!).Many of the forum members are doing first class addons all the time and we have a lot of fun.I hope you have downloaded the latest aircrafts by Jon point and Ansgar.The upcoming scenery by Agtim and Cristian and the others also looks very promising.they all have done a lot for this community.Stay tuned!!More surprices to come!!HMM!-falling into sleep not to respond earlier.Too mutch to do in real life I guess.Take Care.Lars Peter.:-wave

Hi Cristian,West megatiles are for a later time. Currently the north-east work will be finished in the next couple of weeks including elevation and the missing east part. Working together with Christian to get the needed pictures, have it but must cut and allign it to the existing border. After that all the north-east of London will be ready.Sorry here is no level5 map now, laterLook to the map inside fu3, using VOR view or airspace view to see the grid and position of the BR-coloumn.:-wave agtim