Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcreeves2000

Chatting, and AI

Guest dcreeves2000

Hi all,Could someone please tell me when (date and time) the next FU3 chat will take place? I'd really like to join in.Also, after spending some time learning FLED while making new tiles and airports, I am interested in helping to improve the AI for UK-South. However, I don't have the address for the site where the current AI/beacons files are stored. Anyone able to post that here as well please? I think it would be cool (and would help to make the AI work properly!) to have to proper British accents in FU3, and I'm willing to record that and possibly a pilot voice as well (I have a decent microphone, and a Midlands/East Anglia hybrid accent). I hear that there is a spreadsheet with all the required phrases, anyone know where I can get a copy? Are there other Brits who'd like to record sounds too? I think it would be especially nice if we could get some Scottish/Irish/Welsh accents too. Real ones ;)Thanks for your help folks, and all your wonderful add-ons. I'm looking forward to meeting you all in cyberspace!CheersDave

Guest Robert_S

Dave,The next chat will probably be October 26. They happen every six weeks, and the last one was September 13, so if I'm right about all this, that should be the date. The head moderator for this forum, Tom Wunder, can verify that if it's right.Regarding your other questions, maybe others can help out here. And congratulations on learning FLED. Based on what I've heard about it, I haven't yet even booted it. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest twsimfan

Bob & Dave,It looks to be the 25th of October. Thanks for the assist.I tried FLED a few years back... can't say that I got anything to work right... ended up reinstalling FU3 as a result. :)

Guest glidernut

A big welcom to you Dave,Sory its taken me so long to welcom you, the trooth is Im a gob-smaked.Heaer you are, a compleet newcumer to the forem, but obviesly no strangerto FU3, with Fled and the new UK terrane under your belt, "WOUW"!I also liv in UK Birmingham, so my first thort is of a posibl meetingface to face,?To be showne how to do the terrane and other things is so much quiker than laboryasly trying to explan the how-tos by e-mals.Well thats a thort for the futcher.When youv finished the UK, you may wont sum help with its distribution?Beacons for the UK region can be founed sum where on this sight.http://www.adamsb.hg.pl/FU/FU3/fled.htm#english Glidernut.:-wave

Guest Robert_S

I meant the 25th, the chats are never on Sundays.I guess it's ME that's asleep. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest dcreeves2000

>A big welcom to you Dave,Thanks very much!>to FU3, with Fled and the new UK terrane under your belt,>"WOUW"!I just discovered this forum, that's all. I had taken a lay-off from FU for a while and have only recently got interested in it again.>I also liv in UK Birmingham, so my first thort is of a posibl>meeting>face to face,?Indeed that would be cool, however I'm currently living in New York city, but return to Brum every 3 months or so so maybe we can meet up then (probably Dec next visit. I have been having fun flying around Birmingham, it's quite pretty from the air oddly enough, where exactly do you live? I have most of the city done but still have the north west to do (I am from Longbridge near the Rover plant). Maybe I can post you a screenshot to whet your appetite!>When youv finished the UK, you may wont sum help with its>distribution?I'm not planning on distributing it, of course...it was really just for my personal interest. However, I may have accidentally left it all on an FTP server a while back and so someone else may already have downloaded it for inclusion in a future region update... ;) Thanks for the offer though!CheersDave

The file with beacons for the UK is under :www.geocities.com/adamsbpl/FU/FU3/INNE/gb.htmbut I wonder why nobody send me any updates for a long time :-bang B.Adamski

Guest Ansgar

Hello Dave, also from me a nice welcome in our developer crew here!As you may have read in one of our last threads I was looking for somebody who would like to improve our actual beacons and frequency salat here around. ;-)So I really would appreciate if we have found now somebody competent enough who could coordinate and arrange new voices for all the missing ATC sounds in UK-South!!!I also mentioned before that one or more "new voice(s)" are the easiest and best solution for that giant no of new sounds we need! It

Guest dcreeves2000

Hi Ansgar!>As you may have read in one of our last threads I was looking>for somebody who would like to improve our actual beacons and>frequency salat here around. ;-)I feel so honoured to chat with another FU3 superstar ;)I would definitely like to improve it, and have been working on that already, see below. >A good start would be to first record one set for our existing>new airports: heathrow, Gatwick, London City. After that is>working properly we can add one airport after another. Good idea. I'll try that.>The only we will need is that you first arrange the needed>ATC/ILS/VOR frequencies coordinated to prevent any collisions>or not selectable frequencies! A nice EXCEL-list is the best>for that.I have already done this - I installed all of the currently available add-on airports and then altered all of the radio frequencies so that they are the same (as close as possible) to the real life frequencies as obtained from the CAA website. Then, because some are the same, e.g. ground on 121.6 etc, I changed them so that every frequency is slightly different. So I currently have working towers at all controlled airports (not Unicaom yet though because of the soundgroup problem). I will try to make an excel list if one really does not already exist...>Everybody who adds a new airport should contact you to arrange>his used frequencies in this excel list. Then you can create>the needed sounds and give him the corresponding old>sound-definition he could use in fled to get this sound.That's a good idea, and fine with me. As part of the project above, I identified *every* currently active (IRL) airport in the UKS region, so I should be able to compile a list of all potential radio frequencies that people should use. Second, we will need to produce an update to all of the scenery packages currently existing to make sure that everyone has the new frequencies. That may take a little longer...I have all the odl and new frequencies on a sheet of paper but need to type it all up and will post it to the file library/web soon.>Huuuuuu, it seems I

Guest Ansgar

Hello Dave,hmmmmmmmm, first we must clarify that I

Guest dcreeves2000

Hi,>is highly recommend to you to get closer to Robert Driscoll.Ok, I will. Actually Robert was the first person I contacted in this group about FU3 so I already have his contact.>He also can inform you together with Bogdan Adamski, Quaxo and>Andre Meystre who is working at new UK-airports. Ok good - I'm up for it! I'm going to try to figure out the sound requirements and record something this weekend. I think we should probably keep a few of the 'foreign' accents in, but replace about .5-.75 of them with British accents if possible. With a good script, people could put it on tape or CD for collation. Hopefully it should fix most of the current ATC/AI problems. I'm also going to look at making up a full beacons file with all of the ILS beacons at least placed in the right place with the correct frequencies from www.ais.org.uk, which seems to have all the ICAO charts. I'm not sure where to get the actual VOR/NDB frequencies and positions from though...maybe someone else could do that?>After we have done that, and after we have the updated>airports all together, we can upload it and must forward this>stuff to Quaxo to integrate it in the next update CD

Guest R_Driscoll

Bogdan, people keep downloading your BEACONS.FLD. I just released the new Stansted, and the most important step there in installation is to go to your site and download the file! I think there have been no changes because only Cardiff is totally new (and that should have led to an upgrade but I didn't chase it and Luc may not know about your site). Apart, from that, its difficult to improve the BEACONS file without proper names and voices.Don't blame me for all the new airports guys. It was the industrial revolution, the computer revolution and the Wright brothers' fault (sorry about that). Anyway, I will make a list of frequencies and required names for the airports and send it through later.I think if we can make some voices for the airports, it would be as amazing as glidernut's winter palette or Ansgar's little 747 project.Which reminds me, hurry up glidernut. I'm waiting for your new glider.(But I don't want to rush you. Anytime today would be fine).RobD.

Guest R_Driscoll

Dave, here is a list of some of the airports for UK-South: frequencies, ILS, names etc. Now I can change these if necessary. I have always used frequencies from the actual airports, but many people found problems using the three dec place frequecies, so I modified these to close two-digit equivalents. It is possible in FU3 to use three digits after the dec point, using Alt-F to step between airport frequencies, but I was advised to use 2 digits to keep it simpler (thanks Ansgar). If you change values, then as Ansgar said let me know so that my future releases will not clash, and likewise I will contact you before release of a modified or new package. Whoops, I just sent Stansted 2 on its way - too late!Just to clarify, Stonehenge does not have an fbo yet (apparently back in those days aliens navigated by crop circles), there are no fbo's in glidernut's lighthouses package, and none at Osborne House (they were a bit touchy at OH about landing on gardens).But you probably knew this.Cheers,RobD.

Guest Quaxo

Yessss... I like when things start rolling like this!! ;-)Cristian

Guest Steffen

Hi Dave,almost read over these posts - I don't find as much time for FU3 as I would like to in the last weeks.I have a MS Excel-worksheet ready which lists EVERY sound in FU3 and its position in the .res-files. That way, you'll know which phrase/sound belongs where or needs to be recorded.That worksheet is enclosed here - hope this helps?Blue Skies, Steffen