Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcreeves2000

Chatting, and AI

Guest dcreeves2000

Hi Steffan,>I have a MS Excel-worksheet ready which lists EVERY sound in>FU3 and its position in the .res-files. That way, you'll know>which phrase/sound belongs where or needs to be recorded.>That worksheet is enclosed here - hope this helps?Perfect! Thanks, I had a look at the res file again last night and was dreading typing all that out ;)I'm considering starting with the ATC sounds, as they will apply to every pilot. Then the next thing would be to replace all of the pilot voices but only for the airport soundgroups. Then the rest of the pilot voices can be filled in/changed to another voice later. Anyone know any british girls who would be willing/can be bribed to be a voice actor? I would offer to coerce my other half but she is american ;)CheersDave

Guest dcreeves2000

>The only we will need is that you first arrange the needed>ATC/ILS/VOR frequencies coordinated to prevent any collisions>or not selectable frequencies! A nice EXCEL-list is the best>for that.>>If we have that you define the sound-definitions the airport>developers can use in their package. This should replace the>not needed sounds of local airports from Seattle and SanFran>(they are defined in soundresv.h). This should also be>transparent in an excel-list.I think the first order of business before doing the actual work on this is for everyone to decide exactly which airports we are going to have ATC for in the UKS region. I'm not sure if there is a limit on the number of these that the game can cope with...It will then be easier and faster to record all of the sounds necessary all in one go. Perhaps this is something that can be sorted out in the chat session. I guess we could start with the ones I've defined and take it from there as new tiles are added...Dave

Guest dcreeves2000

Hi all,Ok, I have been researching how to put ATC in the UK region, and I think the following applies:For a nice, working ATC, we will be limited to using the number of airports in the seattle region, ie 15 tower-controlled airports and 24 unicom airports. It may be possible to add more airports later on, but for now I think it will be easier if we stick to what FU3 was last compiled with, as then we can just swap the sounds within the currently extant soundgroups - ie it seems to work ok if I change all the currently added airports in the region to Seattle-region airport names. Therefore we should make up the list of airports which everyone wants as tower controlled airports. A quick check shows me that there are many more tower controlled airports IRL than we can fit in at first. I have recorded the sounds for all of the airports that I currently have marked, (that is, all of the currently active UK airports on the CAA website) so when we have decided exactly which airports to use I can put out an update to all currently released packages which will (i) correct their radio frequencies so that they don't clash and (ii) will use the proper sounds and atc text in-game. I hope ;)I have also recorded most of the sounds for the ATIS and tower/ground/approach, but it's a laborious job to convert all the files and import them, so my first plan is to release a UK-ATIS system for you to try out, to check timings etc, then the pilot/atc voices mentioned above for the UK airports. They probably won't be complete at first, but will become more so as I have time to add portions (eg I've never heard in-game half the sounds in the res file, so will leave them out for now).Hope this makes sense - please let me know which airports, in addition to the current ones we have, you would like to see with proper ATC. My votes are currently for Biirmingham and Cambridge (as I've already made most of the airport for those!) and I can see that we have Lydd and Duxford in the pipeline. Any more?CheersDavid

Guest Ansgar

Hello Dave,sounds good for me. The best is you get close to Robert and Andre to see which airports you/we should start with. They invested the most work so far at new UK airports, and so they should be asked first IMO.I have no full overview here, because I