Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcreeves2000

UK ATIS Controller

Guest dcreeves2000

Dear FU3-ers,I have been working on a whole batch of new sounds for FU3's UK-South region, and have completed the ATIS portion. It is in the alpha testing stage (it's not perfect but it workes just fine), so if anyone would be wonderful enough to try it out for me before I release it, I would be very grateful. Please email me and ask for the files. I can't send the whole updated file as it is 14 MB, but the zipped WAVs+resviewer script are only 1.4 MB so that can be emailed easily. However, it took about 35 minutes for my 2GHz machine to import the script so if you have a slower computer you may want to pass on this one...CheersDave

Guest dcreeves2000

>the alpha testing stage (it's not perfect but it workes justI myself can't get much variation in the weather announcements, despite trying several very severe conditions - anyone know how to stress test an ATIS system? ;)Dave

Guest R_Driscoll

I think with UK there is a bit of a location mismatch between the maps and the weather. If you generate the weather it appears at a different location once you are in the game. Could this be causing the problem? The ATIS controllers in Seattle seem to be more on the ball. But I don't know too much about this.

Guest dcreeves2000

>I think with UK there is a bit of a location mismatch betweenYes, I thought about this and tried testing at Cardiff as that is where the front tends to be. No winds greater than 20 mph, even when it says 60mpn in the weather dialog. Skies are almost always 'clear' even with heavy cumulus...very odd.Dave

Guest jonpoint

Dave,There is certainly something odd here. Whatever one does 'on the map' puts one a long way away. This has bugged me since day one (in the UK, that is...) :-(I once tried playing with terrain offsets - and put my entire UK into the Atlantic :-grrFor now, I've decided to concentrate on releasing everything I've held onto for a while. This should put some more models into the UK region and give you a glider to fly - if we can set the winds right.I hereby 'throw the gauntlet' to Glidernut here, as he is quite experienced in generating UK weather I believe ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Quaxo

Yes, the weather is very offset in the UK. It has to do with the values to enter in the region.cfg file... I couldn't figure out how to fix that. I could find values good enough to get the airport icons close enough to the real location; and the "map-positioning" of the aircraft is somewhat better than it was on day one, but still off...I really don't know how to fix this, I tried a lot but didn't succeed...Cristian