Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

Lydd Airport Uploaded

Guest andy9164

Finally this morning I have uploaded Lydd into the Avsim library so it should be available soon.Please make sure you read the "read me" file. There are lots of models in there that I have borrowed from other packages so you may already have them.I discovered this too late for the package. It shows RWY22 as having ILS with a freq. of 120.0. This is not correct. There is no ILS. The real airport is currently having this installed and this will implemented in version 2. Please let me know as a reply to this post if you suffer any problems and your general comments and suggestions will also be welcome.Thanks to Rob Driscoll, Jon Point and Glidernut who have taught me lots and to all of you who have answered my many questions.Enjoy!!:-beerchug Andy

Guest R_Driscoll

At last the primitive wild east coast of England is available! Well done Andy! Your first little baby hits the streets (sorry - I'm a food technologist and I always mix my metaphors before baking them). Most importantly, you have opened up a whole new area of UK. To me, Cardiff is beautiful, with the green hills, but Lydd looks wild. I will enjoy exploring more around this area.Thanks for all of your efforts in bringing out this project, and congratulations on releasing it without errors!(I'm jealous - my releases seem to have more bugs than a Volkswagen plant - you have done very well)RobD.

Guest Quaxo

I still can't see the file in the library - the newest file there is the Dash-8 livery... Robert, did you download it?Cristian

Guest andy9164

Cristian,Its there, so I dont understand why you can't see it, and there have been 23 downloads. Go to the library and type Lydd in the search box. Leave the "library" box set to the default of Avsim. When you have the results change to "order by date" and it shoul be at the top. Thats how I just checked it was there.If you still have problems let me have you email adddress and I will send it over (about 1.1meg)Andy

Guest Quaxo

Andy, I understood what happened - you uploaded the file under the "Looking Glass Simulators" category, instead of under the "Looking Glass Flight Unlimited 3" category. As I have the Flight Unlimited 3 library page set up as Favourite link, I just could not find the file. (By the way, your file is the only one in the Looking Glass Simulators category, all other files are in the FU3 category).Maybe you could ask the library managers to move the file, because it could be missed there... :-)Thanks,Cristian

Guest andy9164

Cristian, Sorry if you couldnt get the file. Glad you have found it now. I have asked if it can be moved into the same library as everybody else. Hope noboby looks for it in the other library now:-lol You see, I've learnt something else today.Hope you enjoy the package.Andy

Guest glidernut

Its good Cristian spoted and menshioned where ladd was uploded too,or I would stil be wateing for it to aper.Iv gon strate past "Looking Glass Simulators" category, so meny timesthat I had forgoten this category existed.I must remember not to make the same mistak the next time I uplowedsumthing.Any way, your ladd.There is a smal problem in that I can only getit to work without the contence of the airport folder withinthe ladd package.So at the moment, I hav your ladd instaled without an icon on the map.At first I thort it might be the number of icons I hav, but noits not that, its sumthing els like a number or sumthing thatclashes with another package perhaps, I dont know.Any way, Iill leev that for now and see if others hav the same problem,and if thay hav a soloosion.Apart from the abuv, everything els works just fine.In the meen time, I am thuraly enjoying ladd as a modified package. All thow there was almosta a problem with the tow (Inactive Runway NO Clearance Required) sines.I was so delited to just take off without having to ask permision firstthat I just went for it and didnt notes how clos I came to knoking the sines I live so mutch, douw with my wings.Well dun Andy, well spred out, just how I like it with high fram rates every where, and other models in the distence to go and explor.O, hang on, Iv just started crashing to the desk top after being therefor a few minits.Is any one els hving troubl with ladd ?Dont wory Andy, well get it sorted.glidernut.:-wave

Well, me too -- with the Lydd package in my packages folder my sim crashes to desktop no matter which airport I select. I moved it to a safe place for the time being and enjoyed a flight from Stansted.As soon as we pinpoint the problem it'll be back :-)I'm anxious to get all the "peripheral" airports (no offense) operational since they expand the useful area of the UK region. Lydd to Cardiff, for instance, will be a long leg that crosses most of our UK South.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Andy, you will be hapy to know that my crashing to the desk-top is nuthig to do with ladd.Iv just remooved ladd and all its models and Im still crashing to the desk-top.Im crashing to the desk-top exactly 5 seconds after tutchdouwnregardles of what aircraft Im flying or what airport Im landing atOr even if I land mils away from an airport.and its only on landing not take off.Any one got any sugestions what can cors this ?Its only hapening in the UK-South.glidernut.

Well, I'm not Andy and I'm not happy to learn that there's some kind of insidious problem with our new region. Since when did this problem start to occur Glidernut? We've installed the new Stansted and Lydd lately. Anything else? When you installed Lydd, did you overwrite previous models in GEN? I didn't and everything works fine with the new Stansted and all the previous creations. We've both found that something is wrong with Lydd, possibly some kind of conflict with other packages or airports.My sim crashed to the desktop with Lydd in the packages folder and stopped doing so when it was removed. I take off and land and all is honky dory :-) best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

So it's not just me!Whenever and wherever I landed in the UK, the same thing happened. Now, I had an old, definitely incomplete and possibly buggy (horse and cart) version which, following the demise of 2 HDs, no longer exists :-(This issue alone stopped me from doing a UK glider package - although, with the problem I'm currently having, I may end-up with NO gliding packages at all :-grrBTW, I tried landing in fields in case it was an airport 'thing' - it isn't. When doing screenshots for the BA Dash-8 in the UK it was really annoying. All the shots were either flying or taxi-out situations.Oh well, another weekend spent trying to undo FLED's 'doing' :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

There are two places where FU3 looks for airports - under the packages in the inner{region}airports folder and in the regions{region}AIRPORTS folder. Check you only have one entry for all airports - i.e you don't have two STN's, or two HTR's or whatever. Just one, either under the package or under the region's AIRPORTs folder. Also some airports may have a third entry under the UKS package, put there by agtim initially - this version of the airport also needs to be removed! So you could have three versions of the same airport!One solution might be through Cristian's disk distribution, to move all airport directories away from the packages, and centralise them in the regions{region}AIRPORTS folder. Package installation instructions would then ask the user to copy the airport files into this folder.Anyway Lydd works fine on my machine - no problems at all. None of the signs have jumped out at my wings during takeoff! Hope this can be sorted out,RobD.

Guest Quaxo

I still haven't installed Lydd - will do it tonight - but I once had the "crash after landing" bug. It happened wherever I landed. I found out that it was a corrupt airport package - NOT the one where the problem first occurred. I got the crashing at Gatwick, and the culprit was the early version of Plymouth. I just had to try removing the various airports, until FU started to work again - and then redo the corrupt airport from scratch... :-And, don't blame Andr

Guest andy9164

Ok,Now I am definately confused. Is there a problem with Lydd itself or is it a more generic problem. I have had no problems, but then, as I developed it on my machine, it is quite possible that I wouldn't.I too experienced a crash to desktop when cycling through from Day to Night using the "D" key during flight. This was caused by something in my FLT3.cfg file, so I removed and started with a new one. So far no problems and I am slowly adding sections back from my old cfg file to the new one to see what causes the problem.If the problems are being caused by Lydd then I will need some help to try and discover why.Please keep me posted.Thanks

Guest andy9164

Just got a note from the library managers and Lydd has now been put in the FU3 library as opposed to the Looking Glass library. First person to ask "where's the file gone" gets it..........Andy