Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

Lydd Airport Uploaded

Guest glidernut

Good news, I no longer hav the "crash after landing bug".It was what Cristian and jon sed. The "crash after landing bug" was corsed by a corupt pacgage.I may hav been at ladd when the "crash after landing bug" started but the corupt package in my case was not ladd or an airport, it was just a rubishy little package I created a long time ago to test out new models and things.After remooving the corupt package to the desk-top the "crash after landing bug"disapered compleetly.Now this is the interesting bit.Takeing a closer look at the corupt package on my desk-top to see if I couldspot what was rong with it, I notest that its airport folder had 2 identcalynamed folders in it ?!?!Im torking about the 3 leter folder in the airport folder. There should only be one three letter folder in the airport folder not 2.Nouw I know what your thinking, your thinking you carnt hav 2 folders named the same!?!?But you can if one is inside the other, as with this so caled corupt package.By remooving one of thees 3 letter named folders, the package bicums UNcoruptedand can be put back in the game withoue corsing the "crash after landing bug".Since then I hav diliberatly corupted several packages by puting the 3 letterfober into an identicaly named folder and created the"crash after landing bug" and then UNcorupted them by remooving the extra folderto suksesfuly get rid of the "crash after landing bug".I did this just to proov to myself that this is the cors of the "crash after landing bug".Jon,inspect your dogey package for the abuv.Andy,I still only hav your ladd working without its airpot folder,s contence.I dont as yet know why it wont work with its airpot folder,s contence intct. Sory.glidernut.

I may very well show my ignorance here but when I looked at the Lydd files I found:fbo.cfsfbo_ATIS_frequency 130.00fbo_ground_frequency 126.70fbo_tower_frequency 120.70fbo_airport_name SNDGRP_120Point700fbo_ground_name SNDGRP_Groundfbo_tower_name SNDGRP_Towerfbo_name Lyddfbo_type 4fbo_runway_32_flags 5fbo_runway_22_ILS 0.00fbo_runway_22_flags -3fbo_runway_14_flags 5fbo_sign_resid 0x3240000fbo.cfgfbo_ATIS_frequency 130.00fbo_ground_frequency 126.70fbo_tower_frequency 120.70fbo_airport_name 7610fbo_ground_name 2012fbo_tower_name 2017fbo_name Lyddfbo_type 4fbo_runway_32_flags 5fbo_runway_22_ILS 0.00fbo_runway_22_flags -3fbo_runway_14_flags 5fbo_sign_resid 0x3240000We seem to have ground, tower and airport names that are defined differently in these two files. Is this normal? If so, how about the frequencies -- do other UK airports use same frequencies?best regards,Hans Petter

First thank you very much for Lydd, AndyThe first airport is always a difficult and tricky task, the next one will be easier to build for you :-)I copied all files to GEN with overwriteI use a single UK_South FU3 installationAt the beginning same as all, I had the crash.How to fix it:1. Models files:In the models folder delete the unused mod files m0aaaa.mod and m0bvap.modyou need m0bvao.mod only2. Changes in airport files:I have compared Lydd with Southhamptonhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42791.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42796.jpgApproach frequency and soundname Approachhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42797.jpgfor the runway 22: ILS frequency set to 110.8have inserted 3 parking spots for AIsLearjet, WindhawkP and WindhawkDor use the folder in the zip below3. Airspace and AI files:locate the line for ghi and ghd in your airspace.txtairspace[ghi,D,0] = within[5 n] & below[15];airspace[ghd,D,0] = within[5 s] & below[26];then insert there a new line for Lyddairspace[ldd,D,0] = within[5 n] & below[15];in AIPLAN.txt insert 4 legs from Gatwick and London City to LyddLEG gtw-ldd 0 1500 0 500 2500LEG ldd-gtw 0 1500 0 500 2500LEG eglc-ldd 0 1500 0 500 2500LEG ldd-eglc 0 1500 0 500 25004. Enjoy it :-)after this changes I had no crashes day and nighthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42798.jpgenjoy Andy's first airport creation - it's a really nice place for a flight :-), to Andy thanks again and continue please.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42799.jpg

Continuation...later today , when I may upload more :-(

Continuation ...and the first AI is on the way...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42846.jpgand there is a strange behavior of models:after successful landing on the Dungeness Power Station and standing for about a minute. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42847.jpgthe building will shake your plane and crash it !http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42849.jpgsame behavior was found on a ramp at Gatwick airport earlier.at last the new Lydd folder with AI and corrections :-wave agtim

I'm sorry to say that it still doesn't work for me. First I deleted the unused models. Later I overwrote the Lydd files with the ones you attached here. Whatever I do my UK version of FU3 crashes to the desktop immediately after launching a flight. If I pull Lydd out of the packages folder everything is back to normal. Note, I haven't modified any airspace or AI plan yet since I would like to see the airport first. best regards,Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks agtim, you are still the expert. I will take these home and try them tonight.RobD.

Hi Hans,Tja leider...you must insert the line to the airspace.txtairspace(ldd,D,0) = within(5 n) & below(15);CAUTION MUST CHANGE ( to SQUARED ONE, FORUM IS NOT SUPPORTING THIS CHARACTER [as long I don't my installation crashes all the time with Lydd insideit was this line that help.as you can see crash is at AI loading time.you can ommit the ai plan part if you don't want traffic at Lydd.hope it's work for you to :-wave agtim

Guest jonpoint

Andre,I have noticed this problem before too. In one case, I drove the 182 straight inside the 0jdp hangar (to avoid the rain...). Having pulled up and cut the engine, about 2 minutes later, like a sleeping animal suddenly throwing-up (!), the 182 came shooting backwards out of the hangar - with both wings torn off. Never worked it out. It's never happened again - and I've tried.I done startups and shutdowns from inside my own hangar in the Dash-8 (see new models uploaded recently) many times with no problems at all.John (Glidernut) reckons he's had the same issue sometimes after landing in OT. I haven't experienced that myself (and with nearly 12 months playing around at CVA, I should have) but I wonder if they are related? Maybe, there are just places in FU3 where s*** happens?As the 'groundmaster' in FU3, do you think this may be a classification thing or are there actually areas in which this always occurs? I also read once where, if you taxi at a certain strip in Sanfran, at some point, the wings come off and the aircraft goes up in the air :-eekJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hi Jon,must be a sort of easter eggs. I think its model dependent.I never have seen this on ground.:-wave agtim