Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Silly question from someone who should know better...

Guest jonpoint

Dear All,I have a problem. With FLED. Oh, that's normal? I know, but this is weird :-eekI have a 'rogue' package that WHEN I REMOVE IT, FLED and FU3 both crash. Put it in and they both work fine!!I've opened it and deleted absolutely every single model in it but the above still applies. To be truthful, I thought I had removed it (but hadn't) then created another package in the same area. Now, unless I remove BOTH packages, I have this problem.Is this a matter of deleting (or editing) a resource file somewhere?Please help, I want to release my glider package (without having to rebuild it AGAIN - some of you may appreciate what I've been going through...):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Have your tried deleting the *.mod file in it? (eg in innerSeattlemodels)? Does it have an airport attachment in innerSeattleairports? Does it have a moving object file?

Jon,Do you have backup copies of the second package that are ALMOST complete ? If so, have you tried removing BOTH of the packages that you mention, and then adding one of the backup packages ? Maybe the problem is caused by something that was done very recently....Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Jon, my hart gos out to you.When I was forced to get anuther PC it was 6 munths bifor I was back to nomall agen.And I had the time to make backup copys of all sorts of things.But with 2 HD going up the spout you never got that opertunaty.But we are with you so hang on in there.Posibl good news.I might be able to fix your 'rogue' package.It could be a folder structuer problem.I no longer hav the "crash after landing bug".It was what Cristian and you sed. The "crash after landing bug" was corsed by a 'rogue' or corupt pacgage.I may hav been at ladd when the "crash after landing bug" started but the corupt package in my case was not ladd or an airport, it was just a rubishy little package I created a long time ago to test out new models and things.After remooving the corupt package to the desk-top the "crash after landing bug"disapered compleetly.Now this is the interesting bit.Takeing a closer look at the corupt package on my desk-top to see if I couldspot what was rong with it, I notest that its airport folder had 2 identcalynamed folders in it ?!?!Im torking about the 3 leter folder in the airport folder. There should only be one three letter folder in the airport folder not 2.Nouw I know what your thinking, your thinking you carnt hav 2 folders named the same!?!?But you can if one is inside the other, as with this so caled corupt package.By remooving one of thees 3 letter named folders, the package bicums UNcoruptedand can be put back in the game withoue corsing the "crash after landing bug".Since then I hav diliberatly corupted several packages by puting the 3 letterfober into an identicaly named folder and created the"crash after landing bug" and then UNcorupted them by remooving the extra folderto suksesfuly get rid of the "crash after landing bug".I did this just to proov to myself that this is the cors of the "crash after landing bug".Jon,inspect your 'rogue' package for the abuv.I didant menshion it in the other thred but I too in sorting this out expereancedthe "REMOVE IT, FLED and FU3 both crash" problem.But now this problem has disapered too.O, and by the way, thanks for the horizon repant, its grate.glidernut.:-wave

Hi Jon,Send this package to me then I will look with my tools what's going on there. :-wave agtim

Guest jonpoint

Dear All,'Many minds think alike'Indeed, the problem was thus:I had created an airport (well, Glidernut did really, but that's beside the point...). OK, I edited it, and, as I always do (!), grabbed a copy to my desktop in case something went weird. What I basically did was remove the airport from the package, to the seattleairports folder. Sometime later (2 hard drives later...), I restored the packages folder but it had the previous, 'package' version of the airport still in it. So, poor old FU3 & FLED had two airports, in roughly the same location, with identical names. This obviously didn't work...At first I removed the airport from the package but that didn't work - I think FU3 (& FLED) were still expecting it. Then I removed the airport from the airports folder - same problem :-grrNow, I have the airport back in the package, no airport in the 'airports' folder and it works fine! What this leaves me with is this; if you create something in FLED, sometimes it cannot be undone (without a reinstall). When I was playing around with CVA, I noticed the same thing - I originally had 3 airports in there but diced one. EVERY time I fired-up FLED, it whinged about the missing airport. I ended-up re-creating the entire package - it was the only way to fix the problem :-( I have a similar issue with Yoosun (0YOO) that I don't use. When Glidernut created his package, he obviously had 0YOO but now, whenever I open the package, it complains about not having 0YOO x(Anyway, some of you will be playing with these packages soon, huh ;) Thanks to all for your suggestions. Maybe next time, Andre?:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************