Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

New models in the library

Guest jonpoint

Dear FU3 Scenery Developers,Just a note to let you know about some new models in the library. They should be available within 24 hours.For your scenery creating pleasure, there are:* Two different glider trailers - Keep your glider shiny.* A winch truck - Gotta get up there somehow.* A bridge - over untroubled waters* A new, larger conifer - Like stree3a but taller * A hayshed (with hay)* Heaps of tyres - For marking strips, taxi areas etc. * Some new hangars - One large, one small, doors open and closed! * A parked L-13 model - Some friends to go gliding with, or to busy up your field. * A Lunak glider - More glidin' buddies...* A power pole - Low voltage, wooden. Useful. * A selection of small fuel tanks - Doesn't matter who your account is with now - BP, Shell, Phillips... * A small comms hut - For the cellphone tower or radio masts. Also as a pumphouse for a farm or a mountaintop weather station. * A portaloo - When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!* A small farmhouse - more convincing than 'house5'.Some of these may have been released by others in packages but it's OK to overwrite ;)Some previews:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42678.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42679.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42680.jpg:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest jonpoint

Another note (pushy today, aren't we?):All models are in BOTH palettes. I didn't make this obvious on the library screen.Oh! And they're already there ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Jon, you're putting me out of business! Your models are amazing, top quality! I am downloading now ...

Guest jonpoint

Rob,Put you out of business? Buckley's! The common thing with all these was that nobody had asked for them. Well, Chris did ask for the tyres and fuel tanks - but only after I told him what I had!There is still more to come but not yet. I prefer to wait until I have a few to upload (unlike the power pylons but they were urgently required by a ground-breaking developer...). Some UK-specific stuff will arrive soon; a corner pub, some terrace-houses, poplars - and, Ye Olde Family Castle (it really exists in the UK!). It's in ruins now (our family isn't very good at looking after houses) but makes a nice scenery model ;)PS I've got this thing 'down' now. The house (house6) took me about an hour, complete. The hayshed, about 2 (placing those odd bales took some finesse).:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

I see it! I see it! - on the side of your portaloo!!! I'm famous!!!!

Guest jonpoint

There ya go!So is Peter James, but for a different reason...Try as I might, I couldn't see 'who built this?' or 'polygon 32 and polygon 764 share the same vertex id @2304 - killing it' as being valid graffiti...At least BSP Aviation and Engineering are doing well in these troubled times. Since 9/11 I think most (positive) aviation developments have been virtual ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jon,I hope your PC is back to live again?!=> A real pleasure to see all this nice detailed stuff!You learned very fast how to get an maximized optical effect with a minimal amount of polygons. A very nice and good collection! :-)It seems we will need them very soon now after I noticed how many airports we have in UK. ;-)Ansgar AP.S.: Thanks for the nice beta packgae you send me. :-) I test it in near future and give response to you direct.

Guest glidernut

Thees are briliant models Jon.Your models realy bring Seattle to life.Thanks Jon.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Your graffitist can't spell, Jon. He's sprayed BPS, not BSP on some of the signs. Tell him to get a job. And John, how many times have I told you to take serious pictures, not romantic ones. This is the first? Oh, ok. Anyway, the moon's not that big.The package looks brilliant! Feedback sent by email.

Guest jonpoint

Rob,I know about the spelling. Unfortunately, as you know, Mike's memory is such that I couldn't tell him to write the initials for 'Binary Space Partitioning' so I just said 'BSP'. I think also the shiraz had affected me and what I actually told him cannot be repeated here...Seriously, the rear of the portaloo has a mirrored texture. Sorry. I didn't think anyone would deliberately hang around the back of a toilet anyway :lolAw, you were just looking for more of your own graffiti, eh? Wait until the new FBO is released. You can go 'inside' and read all the graffiti there!PS The left mudguard (fender) lights on the trailers are reversed too. I wasn't going to create another mipfile just for it!PPS Thanks for the compliments ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Mike used to be smarter, but ever since the glider incident ...

Guest jonpoint

'Mike used to be smarter, but ever since the glider incident ...'Well, we told him the water tanks were for ballast when flying solo (or with his waif-like girlfriend). What he didn't realise was that you have to empty them before landing. When we told him to empty 150 litres of what we now realise to be beer, he refused.Landing a glider at -1200fpm is not healthy - I wasn't concerned about Mike, but the glider will never be the same - you may notice the Lunak's spoilers are permanently deployed. The wings are soooo bent, the linkage is jammed :-(Ha ha :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************