Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcreeves2000

New airport definitions for UK South posted in the libr...

Guest dcreeves2000

Hi fellow FU3 pilots!I recently trawled through the CAA database and managed to find *all* of the currently active airports in the UK South region that we don't already have. I've uploaded a set of packages to the AVSIM library for you all to try. I'm hoping that this will stimulate many more airport designs, as all I have provided at this stage are the locations, and in some cases, basic taxigraphs. I will post Birmingham and Cambridge when I've finished them...!I've tried a few of the airports in-game, but some suffer from the same 'wet runway' problem that Heathrow once had, so feel free to update the classifications if you like...hopefully this can be done for an impending update.Best wishesDavehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42711.jpg

Guest R_Driscoll

So many airports. I'm glad Andy volunteered to do them all, and not me.Andy?Hello?

Guest dcreeves2000

See this is why I thought a bit of coordination of the frequencies etc would be a good idea at this stage. If it is all fixed now, there won't be tears later :)Dave

Guest Quaxo

Dave, Did you include Goodwood (I still didn't have the time to try your package). Goodwood IS active, and it's a really really nice airport! :-)Cristian

Guest Ansgar

Hi Dave, Robert and Andy,Oh Boy, I mentioned that coordination would be needed, but that there are so many airports in our new area I never had expected!Hopefully all our nice airport designers didn

Guest dcreeves2000

Hi Ansgar!>Pls. keep on all your nice projects and .... quality is better>than quantity here! If we make one step after another we can>add a lot of this nice places in our UK region.I agree. I tried to suggest in the release note that the definitions are mainly for development purposes. Glad you like them though :)>that nice airports that close to each other and we can