Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

Out for a spin

Guest qvdg

Hi all, After having restored the firewall of the DH82 (the model is less seethrough now) I thought I would go for a spin. With my trusty map in hand I took off from andy's excellent Lydd airport to see if I could find a field call Lashenden. Tracked north to Ashford and followed the train line west and there behold was Lashenden. This is why I just love this sim :-). Unfortunately nobody told me the runway end was a bog.By the way I am fiddling with the flight model (and I really mean fiddling). Stearman mailed me restool but it would appear that I need resdef.h as well. ThanksCheers, QvdG

Guest glidernut

Im not shooer if this is what you want or not?I think you left an s off.anyway Its the closest Iv got.Just dont ask me how too use it, cus I ant got a cloo.Its good to see you doing so well.glidernut.:-wave

Guest qvdg

Thanks glidernut, I am now getting to the stage where I need the expertise of people like Jon & Steve to go the next step. In the meantime I am touching up the 3D model (just noticed that the rear of the fuselage is not fat enough - here we go again). I hope those interested in this particular aircraft are particularly patient ;-)Cheers, QvdG

Guest Motormouse

>Hi all,> After having restored the firewall of the DH82 (the model is>less seethrough now) I thought I would go for a spin. With my>trusty map in hand I took off from andy's excellent Lydd>airport to see if I could find a field call Lashenden. >Tracked north to Ashford and followed the train line west and>there behold was Lashenden. This is why I just love this sim>:-). Unfortunately nobody told me the runway end was a bog.>>By the way I am fiddling with the flight model (and I really>mean fiddling). Stearman mailed me restool but it would appear>that I need resdef.h as well. Thanks>>Cheers,>> QvdGAccording to my copy of Pooleys,EGKH Lashenden51.09.23 N, 00.38.37 ER/ways 11/29 796m x 30m grass 04/22 549m x ?? grass (beware, runway end 22 threshold close to river!!!)Circuits (pattern) 1000ft Left Hand):-wavePete

Guest Stearman

Hi Quentin, I hope what Glidernut sent you was all you needed.If you need anything else, please let us know.Long live the Tigermoth!Regards,

Guest qvdg

Thanks Pete, I suppose it serves me right for not reading the VAC - the right hander was particularly naughty. Funnily enough I realised later that this is in fact the home of the Tiger Club (confusion because it is also called Headcorn). Once I have finished the Tigermoth (2006 ;-) I would like to build this field as a home base and to include it in a package. Planting willows on the river bank will make a nice change.http://www.tigerclub.co.uk/where.htmCheers, QvdG