Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

Fsfreeware.com

Guest twsimfan

Ansgar,Look I love you... but... I didn't say that I was forwarding Chris' concerns to Tom Allensworth... I said he should do so directly. :) You know your files and their contents far better than do I. You should forward your own concerns along with whatever documentation you feel appropriate.tom@avsim.com

Guest evansgg

I received my "FSNews 2003 - The latest offerings from simMarket.com" email this morning and there was an advert for San Francisco Photomesh scenery FS2004 by R Taburet. I clicked on it and went to this Fsfreeware site and there was a page of sceneries that could be bought various prices. Reading this thread, are they all someones freeware work then???? Surely that must be illegal.

Guest twsimfan

It would be if they were originally posted here or somewhere else as freeware... but we don't know that?

If we're dealing with Raimondo Taburet he makes splendid mesh sceneries (elevation fixes) for MS Flight Simulator. There's nothing shoddy about that part of his business. The only thing we may object to is the uploading of freeware scooped from Avsim.best regards,Hans Petter

Well!It seems that All fu3 downloads at this sites is removed.That is not good!!Many people is browsing this sites for addons, and if you upload some files that has to be removed/deleted, please contact the admonistratorfor doing this.I do not want to see FU3 addons dissapear from this sites.It is a very value addon site for FU3 users.I have not been charged for any money for the access for this sites,so for me the download library is free.If this is the current policy at this sites it is OK.Best regards.Lars Peter.:-wave

Lars,I had a look at the freeware files library at www.fsfreeware.com. and it does indeed seem as if the FU3 section has been removed. Can anyone else confirm this ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest ChrisD

Confirmed.I have full access, read I was stupid enough to pay :-(No FU3 Area any more.ChrisD

Guest jonpoint

Good! Well, sort of.As disappointing as it may be to some, I believe it's better to have one really good site than many, lesser sites. My experience with the above site has been disappointing anyway - especially when they implied I had to pay money to test downloads of my own files. Now, to those that don't upload, please understand that this is coming from a developer and before you try to shoot me down for suggesting the site is no good, I am not saying that. It is a perfectly valid site for M$F$ users. Ramondo does apparently many great things within the M$F$ community - I too have seen 'sim news releases' with his name in it many times.I assume he's a skilled developer in his own right. All the more reason for my disappointment. My real beef is with hidden agendas and charges and the misrepresentation that occurs because we thought we were uploading to one site only.I also believe that, for FU3 to survive so far, we have needed dedicated, skilled developers (not me, the ones that taught me - and you!) who are doing what they do for the 'love of it', just as you and I actually fly sims anyway. If we were doing it for money, we would be highly-paid international pilots and wouldn't probably waste time simulating an everyday job. Meanwhile, like any good dog, I know where my home is. It's where I get encouragement, fed good information and appreciated for what (little) I can do. Thankyou to all :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest DLM

>Confirmed.>> [...]>>No FU3 Area any more.>>ChrisD>Good for him, if i would have found my Malibu there he would have been in some serious legal problems with TRI.

Guest R_Driscoll

I agree, i think its a little safer all round having just one patron! Jon, you seem to be having trouble with your 'S' key. You have accidentally typed M$F$, as if you thought they were just in it for the money. Ha ha. Twice. Better check your keyboard. ;-) I wish some of the earlier developers had helped a bit more sometimes. Jon, you and me had to rediscover a lot of what the older guys already knew (like Captn Bazza).RobD.

Guest jonpoint

Rob,What'$ wrong with my '$' key? Work$ fine for me! Did you know that you can remap key$? $o when I type an '$', I get an $. Oh darn. I don't have an $ without the line. Hang on. There. Fiksed!"I wish some of the earlier developers had helped a bit more sometimes. Jon, you and me had to rediscover a lot of what the older guys already knew (like Captn Bazza)."I think that for a short time there, some people may have had commercial aspirations. I also think that we know much more now than they did anyhow! Sure there might still be little issues we aren't familiar with but we're getting there ;) As an aside, I got to the bottom of the 'lights' issue in models. As you know, I've been battling with night lighting without using night mips. Wait 'till you see my new FBO with the office lights shining through the venetians... Man, we have come a long way :-)BTW, lights in models are in the form of small boxes (any size). Names are:@h01xxxxthrough@h30xxxxThe 'xxxx' is generally the name of the object the light is attached to i.e. @h07roof is a blue light attached to the mesh 'roof'. It doesn't really matter what it's attached to, just anything. Most are white (from 9 up) and below that we only have flashing red and solid blue. There appear to be no lights past @h30. Having SO many white lights allows one to have lots attached to one mesh (the FBO uses 9!). You could however just use @h09 and use random suffixes though ;)I have tried adding switches and modifiers but to no avail. This seems to be the limit :-( I did have some success making a green light using a white light and a semi-transparent green box. Only works with aircraft though, as partial transparency is not well handled in models (and aircraft can have green lights anyway...).:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

This could be very useful - shades of yellow is a bit limiting! Can you send me a sample "e-file" with the calls in it?

Guest jonpoint

Roberto De Decorator,Better than that - I'll send you the 2 FBOs (Clare's Valley and Generic) as well as the matching luggage sheds, efiles, light.txt files, mips and all.Actually, I was going to upload these with the other models last week but I wasn't happy with the venetians...Bleedin' details... am I loopy or what?I'm not using them at Lewis Valley because that strip just needs a rustic one. It's similar to my 'more believable' house ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Robs

I agree that you should be disgruntled. Very disgruntled. If users pay to download it then the web site is making money off the authors back without permission. This is wrong and every country has it's own version of laws on this. If authors charged for work then I would feel happy to pay for the work (when I have the cash) because I know how much time this stuff takes being 3/4s way thru doing Filton for FU3 -just in time for concorde!I feel very strongly that websites like this should get thier own material.....AVSIM does a superb job of help people enjoy flight sims on a low budget (and this has to help the big software writers like Microsoft - shame about looking glass)...this should not be abused.Authors should put the site the uploaded in the readmeeg writeif you didn't obtain this file from website x and the website charges then they are doing so illegally. This software is available freely and with permission and blessings from AVSIMPlease discontinue to use and download from such disreputable websites and support the authors of freewareshould do the trick!!!

Guest Robs

My answer to this is to contact him and sayI formally make you aware that you are using my material specifically without my permission and that I hold all copyright over this material.His business problems are not yours and you would like $10 per download from his site which is very reasonable if he continues to use your software. Invoice him at the number of Avsim downloads as he says his site is better. Of course you should let him know you will refrain from sueing until the case is large enough to involve a "no win no fee" lawyer ...and I suggest you seriously look into this.I get really peaved at people taking advantage of other like this