Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Congratulations to Chris Low

Guest R_Driscoll

Most of you know probably know that the latest issue of PCPilot magazine is out, full of nice things to say about FU3 and how the community is alive and active, and with a disk containing FU3 add-ons. I'd like to add my congratulations to Chris for a superbly written article, and my appreciation for all his work in bringing this together.CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS !!:-jumpy rOBd.

Guest jonpoint

Chris,I'd like to join RobD in congratulating you and thanking you for writing a superb article. I just got my copy yesterday!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Ye, I'd like to join in on this one tow.Well dun CHRIS.glidernut.:-wave

Yes, the article is great! I haven't checked out the CD yet, partly because I know that I've already got the FU3 files. Regarding the CD, they might consider another way of attaching it to the magazine. It came with two adhesive "pads" that were hard to get off without ruining the front cover of the magazine.As we discussed other websites and FU3 uploads we mentioned the risk of old, obsolete and conflicting packages. This is a big problem with FU3--one can't just install everything and check it out. With MS Flight Simulator you can pretty much add any tweak, test it and delete it if you don't like it. If you go overboard installing lots of heavy stuff the sim will slow to a crawl but it will rarely crash. We have to be very careful about mixing add-ons (packages in particular) since FU3 WILL crash if we combine anything and everything. For this reason, it's important that add-on CDs include a strong warning to back up files, avoid the mixing of packages and to stay in touch with this forum. Otherwise, FU3 will get a bad name. It seems that these concerns have been addressed this time :-)You've done a great job Chris!Hans Petter

Guest Ansgar

Dear Chris,I would like to thank you also for that wonderful article you have written there!Robert has pointed it very well and so I can

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am returning home today, so hopefully my copy of the magazine will be waiting for me on the front door mat. However, I did see several copies in the local WH Smith store, so I have had a quick glance at the article. I am looking forward to reading it when I get home :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Staggerwing

Congrats Chris ! Nice job :-)

Chris!I have been away for some time, but just ordered my copy today.Looking foreward to see it.Articles like this is very good, and will keep the future of the FU-series alive.Thank you for this very enthusiastic work!!Best regards.Lars Peter.:-wave

Hans,That's rather strange. You presumably received a free copy through the post, and normally the CD is loose inside the package. Mark specifically stated to me that this was one of the advantages of ordering copies direct from the PC Pilot website, since the price is the same as that in the shops.My copies of Issue 25 all arrived with the CD loose in the plastic wrapping.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

Hi, would someone please provide a link to order the magazine?Thanks in advance, best regards.

Guest DLM

Chris,Thanks for a great article!FU3 need all the attention it can get so this is a super thing for our small but friendly community! :)The magazine itself is very nicely done.I will start cheking out every new magazine after issue 25.Thanks,// DanielCheck out the new forum at:http://hem.bredband.net/b159735/UDsig3.jpg

Daniel,If there is anything about the Flight Unlimited series in any future issues of PC Pilot, then it is highly likely that Mark Embleton (the editor of the magazine) will let me know.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

Hi Chris, just to make sure, is it issue #25 where your article is included?